The Palais Theatre (originally Palais Pictures) is an historic Picture Palace located in the Melbourne suburb of St Kilda. Replacing an earlier cinema of the same name destroyed in a fire, the new theatre, designed by Henry Eli White opened in 1927. With a capacity of nearly 3,000 people, it is the largest seated theatre in Australia.
It is one of the early 20th century picture palaces to survive in Australia, and is included on the Victorian Heritage Register. It is a major local landmark and an important part of the early 20th century development of the St Kilda beach foreshore as an entertainment precinct.