In This Moment have released a stream of their cover of Phil Collins track In The Air Tonight.
Their take on the the 1981 song, which appeared on Collins’ debut solo album Face Value, features on In This Moment’s upcoming record Ritual, which will arrive on July 21 via Atlantic Records.
Speaking last month about the decision to cover the track, vocalist Maria Brink told radio station WNOR FM99: "Honestly, that's one of my all-time favourite songs, since I was a little girl.
"It's just so haunting, powerful, dark and captivating. I've been trying to cover that song forever – we just couldn't quite figure out where and when. So this time we just took a little attempt at it.
"It's a hard song to even attempt to cover because it's so awesome and it's scary to try to do something to a song that's already perfect. So we just try to do our own individual expression of it because I feel like you can't make his better."
She added: "It’s just a different version, a different take, our point of view and I think it's a real special song on the album. I can't wait for everyone to hear it. It makes me feel all these different feelings."
In This Moment previously revealed Ritual tracks Oh Lord and Roots and are currently on the road across the US.
©TeamRock, by Scott Munro
- Lorde covers Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" for BBC Radio 1: Watch
- Kids auditioned for Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation
- To Be a Drummer: Read an Excerpt from Phil Collins’s Memoir
- Beginning Of The End: A Look Back At The Downfall Of Genesis 20 Years Later
- How Phil Collins Accidentally Created the Sound That Defined 1980s Music