Having a famous father isn’t always easy — just ask Lily Collins.
The 27-year-old, who has made a name for herself as a successful actress and model, hinted to Modern Luxury that her father, English singer/songwriter Phil Collins, may not have always been around during her childhood.
"I couldn’t not talk about my parents in this story, obviously," said the cover girl for the March 2017 issue. "It’s hard when that person isn’t around a lot. I have amazing memories of being able to travel and being able to have family all over the world. Were there things that would have been nice probably to experience as a family? Of course. But it didn’t happen that way. And I’m me for a reason. I mean, everything that happened made me who I am."
Collins, who’s releasing her first book, titled "Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me," on March 7, addressed those feelings in a letter addressed to her father.
"That was a hard chapter to write because he is public," she explained to the publication. "It’s a weird situation to be in, to be writing about someone that people already know, but they don’t know my experience with [him]. I am just a daughter talking to her dad, and I think that a letter felt appropriate because it can be translated to any relationship with daughters and dads.
"As a girl, you always want them to see you as their little girl, and you’re always going to need them and want them. And even if you say you don’t, you really do."
Collins also seemed to be looking forward to starting a family of her own one day, but she is currently busy enjoying her single life.
"I’m in a relationship with myself," she said. "I think a lot of young girls should do that. I think it’s important to figure out you and to have fun and to be dating and to figure out what you like and what you don’t like. It’s what growing up is all about."
© Pagesix, by Fox News
- Three Members of Genesis Went to a Knicks Game — Speculations Abound
- The Orianne and Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation celebrated its 5th Annual Gala
- Church’s Giant Baby Jesus Statue Looks Like Phil Collins
- Phil Collins’ …But Seriously set for 30th anniversary reissue
- Phil Collins is Still Not Dead Yet
Latest from GenesisFan
- Genesis' early years detailed in a new book
- Steve Hackett to publish autobiography
- Steve Hackett Returns to Celebrate the Genesis of His Past With New Tour
- Watch a beautifully illustrated film of Genesis's The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
- Flashback: Genesis Perform an Epic 'Watcher of the Skies' in 1973