Phil Collins performs four of his hits, covers of "My Girl" and "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" in first solo show since 2010.
Singer officially kicked off his comeback Friday night as the singer returned to the stage for his first solo concert in nearly six years at the Dreaming On The Beach benefit concert at Miami's Fillmore.
Collins' seven-song set featured his hits "Another Day in Paradise," "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)," "In the Air Tonight," "Easy Lover," "Take Me Home" and two covers to close out his live return, the Temptations' "My Girl" and Bob Dylan's "Knockin' on Heaven's Door."
Collins' performance came 15 months after the singer's original comeback gig at the charity event in December 2014 was canceled at the last minute, with Collins citing illness and a poor soundcheck for the scuttled appearance. Proceeds from the annual benefit concert go towards the Little Dreams Foundation, a charity founded by Collins' ex-wife, Orianne Cevey, although the pair have reportedly reconciled. Earlier in 2014, Collins sang two of his songs with students from the Miami Country Day School.
Some fan-shot footage of the concert can be seen via YouTube, below:
"I'm no longer officially retired. The horse is out of the stable and I'm raring to go," Collins told Rolling Stone in October. "My kids are now 10 and 14 and they want to see what their dad does. They were in nappies when I was last on the road. They love my music and I'd like to take them out so they can enjoy it."
- Mike & The Mechanics to support Phil Collins in London
- Phil Collins' Teenage Son Nic Talks Drumming for Dad
- Phil Collins: "I'm proud of my homeless hit Another Day In Paradise"
- Blondie will support Phil Collins at his Aviva Stadium gig this summer
- Once Upon a Time in the Top Spot: Phil Collins, …But Seriously
Latest from GenesisFan
- 10 Reasons Peter Gabriel's 'Solsbury Hill' Is One of the Greatest Songs of All Time
- Peter Gabriel’s Solo Debut: A Look Back, 40 Years Later
- Where Is Peter Gabriel? 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Review: Mike + The Mechanics, York Barbican, February 17
- Mike + The Mechanics 'new boy' Andrew Roachford talks about their 2017 tour