"He was always doing something that was not inside the box, always reinventing himself."
Following the news that David Bowie died Sunday at the age of 69, tributes are rolling in for the man who revolutionized music, fashion and the world.
"I find it sobering when people of your era start falling off. I didn’t know he was battling cancer. I don’t think too many people did. Bowie was heralded. Everybody seemed to like David. He was always interesting. He was always doing something that was not inside the box, always reinventing himself. You never knew what to expect and that made him one of a kind… Surprising."Phil Collins
- "I never wanted to be lead singer of Genesis," says Phil Collins
- Lorde covers Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" for BBC Radio 1: Watch
- Kids auditioned for Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation
- To Be a Drummer: Read an Excerpt from Phil Collins’s Memoir
- Beginning Of The End: A Look Back At The Downfall Of Genesis 20 Years Later