"He was always doing something that was not inside the box, always reinventing himself."
Following the news that David Bowie died Sunday at the age of 69, tributes are rolling in for the man who revolutionized music, fashion and the world.
"I find it sobering when people of your era start falling off. I didn’t know he was battling cancer. I don’t think too many people did. Bowie was heralded. Everybody seemed to like David. He was always interesting. He was always doing something that was not inside the box, always reinventing himself. You never knew what to expect and that made him one of a kind… Surprising."Phil Collins
- Phil Collins says 80s were his Coldplay years
- Celebrate '808 Day' With This Extended Phil Collins Interview
- Phil Collins hopes to announce U.S. tour dates when he's feeling better
- Listen to In This Moment cover Phil Collins
- Phil Collins hands baton to 16-year-old son who performs faultless rendition of In The Air Tonight to BST crowd