The Genesis star has been undergoing medical treatment for arm and back issues, but Nicholas is ready to step up.
Phil Collins’s comeback tour is set to be familyaffair with his 14-year-old son standing in on drums. The Genesis legend , 65, can barely play these days because of health problems with his back and arm. But he wants to do solo theatre gigs with teenager Nicholas by his side.
An insider said: "Nicholas is one hell of a drummer and could sit in for his dad with long-term drumming pal Chester Thompson."
Phil last toured in 2010 and also joined Genesis on 2007’s Turn It On Again tour.
In 2008, he ended up in rehab after a battle with the booze following his divorce from his third wife. They have since reunited.
The source added: "He has written new material so it’s natural for the album to complement the tour."
© Mirror, by James Desborough
- Genesis is back: Phil Collins in times of prog-pop
- People are recreating Phil Collins' iconic 'In The Air Tonight' drums from home on TikTok
- Genesis - Talk about the Re-Union in a radio interview
- Phil Collins will do his 'damnedest' to play drums on Genesis' reunion tour
- Three Members of Genesis Went to a Knicks Game — Speculations Abound