Motown star Lamont Dozier spoke with The Professor, Adam Reader, about the role Dozier played in Phil Collins' number one hit "Two Hearts."
The song won an Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar.
"It was number--it was like huge all over the world. It's like a huge slam," said Dozier of the song's quick success.
The collaboration between Collins and Dozier started when they met at a gig and Collins' expressed his appreciation for Motown.
In addition to "Two Hearts," Collins and Dozier also co-wrote "Loco in Acapulco" for The Four Tops, which is also featured on the Buster Soundtrack.
Latest from GenesisFan
- Steve Hackett to Perform Genesis' 1977 Live LP 'Seconds Out' on 2020 Tour
- Church’s Giant Baby Jesus Statue Looks Like Phil Collins
- Phil Collins’ …But Seriously set for 30th anniversary reissue
- Phil Collins is Still Not Dead Yet
- Phil Collins takes sold-out crowd at Talking Stick Resort Arena on an emotional journey