Motown star Lamont Dozier spoke with The Professor, Adam Reader, about the role Dozier played in Phil Collins' number one hit "Two Hearts."
The song won an Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar.
"It was number--it was like huge all over the world. It's like a huge slam," said Dozier of the song's quick success.
The collaboration between Collins and Dozier started when they met at a gig and Collins' expressed his appreciation for Motown.
In addition to "Two Hearts," Collins and Dozier also co-wrote "Loco in Acapulco" for The Four Tops, which is also featured on the Buster Soundtrack.
- Genesis is back: Phil Collins in times of prog-pop
- People are recreating Phil Collins' iconic 'In The Air Tonight' drums from home on TikTok
- Genesis - Talk about the Re-Union in a radio interview
- Phil Collins will do his 'damnedest' to play drums on Genesis' reunion tour
- Three Members of Genesis Went to a Knicks Game — Speculations Abound