First single from Phil Collins solo In The Air Tonight marked the FM rock of the early 80s, thanks to a memorable drum solo.
1. Phil Collins addresses on this piece anger that was submerged in 1979 during his divorce from his first wife, Andrea Bertorelli.
2. When Phil Collins sang the song on the stage of the issuance Top Of The Pops, there was a pot of paint and a brush on the scene, a nod to his ex-wife, part a painter / decorator.
3. Once composed melody, Phil Collins improvised the lyrics, who came spontaneously, from which against the grain ("It's the first time, the last time we ever met": "This is the first time This is the last time that we met") and a little creepy side ("Well if you Told You Were drowning me, i would not lend a hand ":" if you told me you was drowning you, I would tend not even the hand")
4. Many legends surround the history of the song In The Air Tonight speak of drowning which Phil Collins would have seen far and where the nearest to the victim would not have helped.. Collins has denied the information, who said he spoke only of his divorce.
5. Eminem mentions this urban myth in the words of Stan song, released in 1999 ("You know the song by Phil Collins," In the Air Tonight "/ about that guy Who coulda saved from drowning That Other Guy / but didn ' t, Then Phil saw it all, Then at a show he found Him? *)
6. The song was sampled for a musical attempts basketball player Shaquille O'Neal called Edge Of Night, released in 1996.
7. In The Air Tonight was used in the pilot episode of Miami Vice, released in 1984.
8. Phil Collins will finish otherwise play a small role in the series.
9. Even Tupac Shakur has used a sample of In The Air Tonight for his title Starin 'Through My Review.
10. The clip of In The Air Tonight happened during the first MTV broadcast day.
* You know that song by Phil Collins, "In the Air Tonight" // about a guy who could save another from drowning // but did not, and Phil saw it all, and found him at one of his concerts?
- Lorde covers Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" for BBC Radio 1: Watch
- How Phil Collins Accidentally Created the Sound That Defined 1980s Music
- Listen to In This Moment cover Phil Collins
- Phil Collins hands baton to 16-year-old son who performs faultless rendition of In The Air Tonight to BST crowd
- My groovy kind of love for Phil Collins