Phil Collins is recovering after undergoing back surgery.
The former Genesis star had been due to make an appearance at a charity dinner in New York City on Tuesday night (06Oct15), but he was unable to attend the event after undergoing an operation last week (ends04Oct15).
Phil explained his absence from the Sports Legends Dinner at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in a video message which he recorded at a hospital in Florida, according to the New York Daily News.
"Yes, I'm supposed to be with you tonight, but (my doctor) Dr. Green had other ideas," he told the audience. "I've had back surgery the last week and I'm literally just recovering. I'm stuck here in a Miami hospital."
No further details about Phil's condition were available as WENN went to press. The musician had been due to pick up an award for his charity work at the bash, which raised funds for the Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis. Other guests at the event included veteran singer Gloria Estefan.
- Why Phil Collins 'Changed His Mind' About Retirement
- Phil Collins Is Still Alive: Report From The Concert In Warsaw
- Phil Collins makes rare appearance as he’s spotted in wheelchair and using walking stick
- Phil Collins' most famous song "In The Air Tonight" on an exclusive Vinyl-Single
- Phil Collins was back on a Dutch stage again after fifteen years
Latest from GenesisFan
Michelle Wild Wednesday, 19 July 2017 14:31 Comment Link Report
Has anyone got the name of the back surgeon used by Phil Collins or the consultant, as I saw him on TV stating he was happy with the result? After almost a decade of pain an MRI scan and numerous appointments it seems I need to ascertain my problem and convey it to the NHS for action if I am ever to resume a pain free life.