Phil Collins had brunch on South Beach Sunday, and it was all for a good cause.
The Grammy winner and ex-wife Orianne's Little Dreams Foundation hosted Brunch on the Beach at Joe's Stone Crabs earlier today.
The Foundation seeks to fulfill the dreams of young artists in music, art and sports who don't have the financial means to achieve their goals. "We had this idea to help kids, 'cause I was getting a lot of letters from kids who wanted to break into the music business, but didn't know how," said Collins, "and it kind of seemed a good idea to maybe get something together, some organization where we could help the kids that didn't have the money."
All of the proceeds from the brunch will benefit the Little Dreams Class of 2015-16.
- The Orianne and Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation celebrated its 5th Annual Gala
- Phil Collins Announces 4th Annual Dreaming On The Beach Gala
- Phil Collins and his ex-wife Orianne Cevey put on a cosy display at charity music event
- Phil Collins and Orianne announce linup for 3rd annual dreaming on the beach gala
- Kids auditioned for Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation
Latest from GenesisFan
- Watch a young Phil Collins with pre-Genesis band Flaming Youth
- Behind The Song: "The Living Years" by Mike + The Mechanics
- Phil Collins' ex Orianne Cevey to vacate his Miami house by mid-January
- Flashback: Genesis Take Fans Back to the 'Distant, Dark' Seventies
- But seriously - here's Phil Collins' letter to Trump
Shirley-Ann Monday, 18 May 2015 20:44 Comment Link Report
It shows Phil Collins is committed to the Little Dreams charity. There is no mention of Orienne and so sadly she must still be suffering the effects of the surgery she had. He has continued to make the charity work. I know how important this is - sadly from personal experience. Talent can remain latent and kids fall by the wayside if parents have neither the money or the belief that a career in music, the arts or sports is possible for their kids - even when the kids themselves are talented, learning quickly and have the drive and ambition to succeed. This is such a good cause and it must be helping youngsters who have no-one else to turn to.