Jerry Seinfeld, Bernadette Peters, and Clive Davis were also on hand to cheer for Jessie Mueller and the cast of the new musical.
Beautiful — The Carole King Musical toasted its opening night on Broadway with a post-performance celebration at Cipriani on Sunday, January 12. Directed by Marc Bruni and featuring a book by Douglas McGrath, the production, at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre, stars Jessie Mueller as singer-songwriter Carole King, with Jake Epstein as Gerry Goffin, Anika Larsen as Cynthia Weil, and Jarrod Spector as Barry Mann, along with Liz Larsen, Jake Epstein, Ashley Blanchet, E. Clayton Cornelious, Joshua Davis, Alysha Deslorieux, Kevin Duda, Carly Hughes, Sara King, Rebecca LaChance, Douglas Lyons, Chris Peluso, Gabrielle Reid, Arbender J. Robinson, Rashidra Scott, Sara Shepard, Antoine L. Smith, and Melvin Tunstall.
© Theatermania, by David Gordon
Last modified onThursday, 16 January 2014 16:35
- "I never wanted to be lead singer of Genesis," says Phil Collins
- Lorde covers Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" for BBC Radio 1: Watch
- Kids auditioned for Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation
- To Be a Drummer: Read an Excerpt from Phil Collins’s Memoir
- Beginning Of The End: A Look Back At The Downfall Of Genesis 20 Years Later