Phil Collins is at work on new songs for the first time since 2002′s Testify, adding still more intrigue to a career resurgence that’s also included band rehearsals for a possible tour.
The former Genesis frontman, officially retired since 2011, says his young children ultimately pushed him back toward music — and to the pen.
"I’ve got a 9 and a 12 year old," Collins says in a newly posted interview, "and they want me to write again, so they can listen to some new stuff. My son, the 12 year old, is a fantastic drummer. So, he wants to know how it’s done, and to see it first hand. I’ve gone from being retired to actually just starting to work on my own and start writing."
Collins released an album of cover songs, Going Back, in 2010. His most recent studio work with Genesis dates back to 1991′s We Can’t Dance.
© Something Else Reviews
Last modified on Thursday, 10 July 2014 17:52
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins is wheeled through Sydney airport in a wheelchair
- Phil Collins at the Mission: Who said no jacket required?
- Phil Collins delivers a stunning, seated performance in Christchurch
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- Phil Collins Reminds Australian Fans His Musical Genius is Not Dead Yet