Grammy-winning musician and long-time Alamo enthusiast Phil Collins announced Tuesday he plans to donate his vast collection of Alamo artifacts this week.
He'll make the donation Thursday at the Alamo when he is joined by Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson.
Collins has long been a fan of the cradle of Texas Liberty. He even wrote about the shrine in a book entitled "The Alamo and Beyond" published in 2012.
The collection includes a rifle owned by Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie's knife.
According to a release, Collins' collection of Alamo artifacts is believed to be the largest private collection in existence.
Last modified onFriday, 27 June 2014 19:27
Latest from GenesisFan
- How to Recreate Phil Collins’ Legendary "In the Air Tonight" Drum Fill
- The Number Ones: Genesis' "Invisible Touch"
- Steve Hackett Opens Up About His Current Relationship With Genesis: "We Were A Band Of Brothers"
- Orianne Cevey's 'outrageous' claims about Phil Collins to be cut from lawsuit
- David Crosby Shares His Opinions About Phil Collins And How They Ended Up Recording A Song Together