Grammy-winning musician and long-time Alamo enthusiast Phil Collins announced Tuesday he plans to donate his vast collection of Alamo artifacts this week.
He'll make the donation Thursday at the Alamo when he is joined by Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson.
Collins has long been a fan of the cradle of Texas Liberty. He even wrote about the shrine in a book entitled "The Alamo and Beyond" published in 2012.
The collection includes a rifle owned by Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie's knife.
According to a release, Collins' collection of Alamo artifacts is believed to be the largest private collection in existence.
Last modified on Friday, 27 June 2014 19:27
Latest from GenesisFan
- The 10 Best Genesis Songs – voted for by Prog readers
- Phil Collins Is Still Alive: Report From The Concert In Warsaw
- Phil Collins makes rare appearance as he’s spotted in wheelchair and using walking stick
- Phil Collins' most famous song "In The Air Tonight" on an exclusive Vinyl-Single
- Phil Collins was back on a Dutch stage again after fifteen years