Grammy-winning musician and long-time Alamo enthusiast Phil Collins announced Tuesday he plans to donate his vast collection of Alamo artifacts this week.
He'll make the donation Thursday at the Alamo when he is joined by Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson.
Collins has long been a fan of the cradle of Texas Liberty. He even wrote about the shrine in a book entitled "The Alamo and Beyond" published in 2012.
The collection includes a rifle owned by Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie's knife.
According to a release, Collins' collection of Alamo artifacts is believed to be the largest private collection in existence.
Last modified onFriday, 27 June 2014 19:27
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins' Toronto concert is a family affair
- At TD Garden, a 'not dead yet' Phil Collins breathes life into all those hits
- Hobbled Phil Collins is steady on the hits in 1st U.S. tour in 12 years
- Phil Collins in Philadelphia: A triumphant stand against the ravages of time review
- Phil Collins’ Return to the Stage Comes Stateside to Florida