Grammy-winning musician and long-time Alamo enthusiast Phil Collins announced Tuesday he plans to donate his vast collection of Alamo artifacts this week.
He'll make the donation Thursday at the Alamo when he is joined by Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson.
Collins has long been a fan of the cradle of Texas Liberty. He even wrote about the shrine in a book entitled "The Alamo and Beyond" published in 2012.
The collection includes a rifle owned by Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie's knife.
According to a release, Collins' collection of Alamo artifacts is believed to be the largest private collection in existence.
Last modified on Friday, 27 June 2014 19:27
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins is wheeled through Sydney airport in a wheelchair
- Phil Collins at the Mission: Who said no jacket required?
- Phil Collins delivers a stunning, seated performance in Christchurch
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- Phil Collins Reminds Australian Fans His Musical Genius is Not Dead Yet