It has now been proven that the Genesis singer/drummer/songwriter is the originator of hipsterism.
Phil Collins, also known as the world's first hipster... wait, WHAT?!
Yes, it has emerged today that the Genesis drummer/singer, the butt of oh-so many jokes about being uncool, was in fact the first ever hipster.
A picture posted on Twitter by reality TV producer Peter Karlin has taken a life of its own - the picture showed a young(er) Phil Collins, with full beard, trucker hat, and a grey hoodie unzipped to show off a modest chest of hair.
So, hipsters, remember that next time you step out of the house, you are aligning yourself with a man who simultaneously played drums and sang in a prog band.
This has redefined hipsterism, so put your MicroKorgs down and step towards that drum kit.
If you image search the Phil Collins picture, and look at the visually similar images list, it pulls up 11 images of hipsters, thus proving that Phil is possibly the most important fashion icon of our time.
© Mirror, by Richard Beech
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins' most famous song "In The Air Tonight" on an exclusive Vinyl-Single
- Phil Collins was back on a Dutch stage again after fifteen years
- Phil Collins: If the songs convince, it does not need a big show
- Watch Genesis' Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford Reunite on Stage
- Phil Collins, delivers impassioned performance from a chair during concert in Berlin