It has now been proven that the Genesis singer/drummer/songwriter is the originator of hipsterism.
Phil Collins, also known as the world's first hipster... wait, WHAT?!
Yes, it has emerged today that the Genesis drummer/singer, the butt of oh-so many jokes about being uncool, was in fact the first ever hipster.
A picture posted on Twitter by reality TV producer Peter Karlin has taken a life of its own - the picture showed a young(er) Phil Collins, with full beard, trucker hat, and a grey hoodie unzipped to show off a modest chest of hair.
So, hipsters, remember that next time you step out of the house, you are aligning yourself with a man who simultaneously played drums and sang in a prog band.
This has redefined hipsterism, so put your MicroKorgs down and step towards that drum kit.
If you image search the Phil Collins picture, and look at the visually similar images list, it pulls up 11 images of hipsters, thus proving that Phil is possibly the most important fashion icon of our time.
© Mirror, by Richard Beech
Latest from GenesisFan
- The Orianne and Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation celebrated its 5th Annual Gala
- Steve Hackett to Perform Genesis' 1977 Live LP 'Seconds Out' on 2020 Tour
- Church’s Giant Baby Jesus Statue Looks Like Phil Collins
- Phil Collins’ …But Seriously set for 30th anniversary reissue
- Phil Collins is Still Not Dead Yet