It has now been proven that the Genesis singer/drummer/songwriter is the originator of hipsterism.
Phil Collins, also known as the world's first hipster... wait, WHAT?!
Yes, it has emerged today that the Genesis drummer/singer, the butt of oh-so many jokes about being uncool, was in fact the first ever hipster.
A picture posted on Twitter by reality TV producer Peter Karlin has taken a life of its own - the picture showed a young(er) Phil Collins, with full beard, trucker hat, and a grey hoodie unzipped to show off a modest chest of hair.
So, hipsters, remember that next time you step out of the house, you are aligning yourself with a man who simultaneously played drums and sang in a prog band.
This has redefined hipsterism, so put your MicroKorgs down and step towards that drum kit.
If you image search the Phil Collins picture, and look at the visually similar images list, it pulls up 11 images of hipsters, thus proving that Phil is possibly the most important fashion icon of our time.
© Mirror, by Richard Beech
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins Among Recipients Of 2017 Nordoff Robins O2 Silver Clef Awards
- Phil Collins returns to the stage for the first time after bad fall with huge plaster covering two-inch cut
- Lily Collins Says Dad Phil Is 'Doing Good' After Suffering Head Injury
- Phil Collins 'rushed to hospital' after fall, postpones two shows
- Review: Phil Collins wows Liverpool ECHO Arena with triumphant first gig in a decade