This weekend, on Saturday, December 6, the annual "Dreaming on the Beach" gala and event will take place at The Fillmore at Jackie Gleason Theater in Miami Beach.
The purpose of the gala is to raise funds for the Little Dreams Foundation, an organization established by the legendary Phil Collins and his former wife Orianne Collins-Mejjati.
The main goal of the Little Dreams Foundation is to help talented young people who do not have the necessary economic resources to achieve their dreams in the areas of art, music and sports.
The former Mr. and Mrs. Collins selected the city of Miami since their two children were born there.
As of March 2015, the foundation will begin searching for talented young people in various fields.
Good music x good cause!
But the HUGE news here is that Phil Collins is slated to perform at the benefit gala in support of his charity. Collins rarely takes the stage anymore, so this is a big deal and he is doing so for a cause that is close to his heart.
Collins will share the stage with such stars as Italian pop singer/songwriter/record producer and three-time Latin Grammy winner Laura Pausini and Mexican singer/songwriter/actress/musician Alejandra Guzmán, also known as "La reina del rock" (The queen of rock), who has sold over 10 million records.
© Artistdirect, by Amy Sciarretto
- The Orianne and Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation celebrated its 5th Annual Gala
- Phil Collins Announces 4th Annual Dreaming On The Beach Gala
- Phil Collins and his ex-wife Orianne Cevey put on a cosy display at charity music event
- Phil Collins and Orianne announce linup for 3rd annual dreaming on the beach gala
- Kids auditioned for Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation
Latest from GenesisFan
- Genesis reschedule reunion dates for September and October
- Steve Hackett on Staying Creative During the Pandemic
- How to Recreate Phil Collins’ Legendary "In the Air Tonight" Drum Fill
- The Number Ones: Genesis' "Invisible Touch"
- Steve Hackett Opens Up About His Current Relationship With Genesis: "We Were A Band Of Brothers"