This weekend, on Saturday, December 6, the annual "Dreaming on the Beach" gala and event will take place at The Fillmore at Jackie Gleason Theater in Miami Beach.
The purpose of the gala is to raise funds for the Little Dreams Foundation, an organization established by the legendary Phil Collins and his former wife Orianne Collins-Mejjati.
The main goal of the Little Dreams Foundation is to help talented young people who do not have the necessary economic resources to achieve their dreams in the areas of art, music and sports.
The former Mr. and Mrs. Collins selected the city of Miami since their two children were born there.
As of March 2015, the foundation will begin searching for talented young people in various fields.
Good music x good cause!
But the HUGE news here is that Phil Collins is slated to perform at the benefit gala in support of his charity. Collins rarely takes the stage anymore, so this is a big deal and he is doing so for a cause that is close to his heart.
Collins will share the stage with such stars as Italian pop singer/songwriter/record producer and three-time Latin Grammy winner Laura Pausini and Mexican singer/songwriter/actress/musician Alejandra Guzmán, also known as "La reina del rock" (The queen of rock), who has sold over 10 million records.
© Artistdirect, by Amy Sciarretto
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins Among Recipients Of 2017 Nordoff Robins O2 Silver Clef Awards
- Phil Collins returns to the stage for the first time after bad fall with huge plaster covering two-inch cut
- Lily Collins Says Dad Phil Is 'Doing Good' After Suffering Head Injury
- Phil Collins 'rushed to hospital' after fall, postpones two shows
- Review: Phil Collins wows Liverpool ECHO Arena with triumphant first gig in a decade