Phil Collins is back in the Billboard 200's Top 10 for the first time in more than two decades after a 99 cents Amazon promotion sends his Hits album up to No 6.
The 1998 retrospective, which originally peaked at 18, sold 40,000 copies last week with sales rising by a stunning 4,575% week-on-week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It is part of the latest round of big discounts by the online retailer, which priced the digital version of the album at 99 cents for one day, as it did with Bruno Mars' Doo-Wops & Hooligans. As a result Mars' album climbs 135-11 with sales up 644% to 13,000 copies.
Collins was last in the US Top 10 back in April 1990 with the chart-topping ...But Seriously and Hits belatedy becomes his fourth Top 10 album outside Genesis, a run that began with Face Value and Hello I Must Be Going.
© MusicWeek, by Paul Williams
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins' most famous song "In The Air Tonight" on an exclusive Vinyl-Single
- Phil Collins was back on a Dutch stage again after fifteen years
- Phil Collins: If the songs convince, it does not need a big show
- Watch Genesis' Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford Reunite on Stage
- Phil Collins, delivers impassioned performance from a chair during concert in Berlin