Julia Roberts loved working with Lily Collins on 'Mirror Mirror' because she is a huge fan of Lily's father.
Asked if she is a fan of Phil, Julia said: "Are you kidding, Genesis? I'm in my forties. Genesis is like my youth."
Julia, 44, also admitted she is happy not to be a young actress like Lily because it is so much more difficult to deal with fame than it was in her day.
She told Britain's OK! magazine: "It seemed so much easier, it made more sense. It was more kind of a gradual progression of things I think for the way the business was when I started out. But she seems to be holding her own, she's got no problem. This culture of meanness is new.
"I like my job, I'm happy at work, it's fun and pretty extraordinary."
- Lily Collins Says Dad Phil Is 'Doing Good' After Suffering Head Injury
- Phil Collins: alcohol almost killed him but says he has drinking under control
- Lily Collins Reveals How Dad Phil Collins Influences Her Romantic Relationships
- Lily Collins forgives father Phil despite 'sadness and anger'
- Lily Collins hints that father Phil was absent during her childhood
Latest from GenesisFan
- David Crosby Shares His Opinions About Phil Collins And How They Ended Up Recording A Song Together
- Watch a young Phil Collins with pre-Genesis band Flaming Youth
- Behind The Song: "The Living Years" by Mike + The Mechanics
- Phil Collins' ex Orianne Cevey to vacate his Miami house by mid-January
- Flashback: Genesis Take Fans Back to the 'Distant, Dark' Seventies