Peter Gabriel took to social media on Thursday (March 5) to praise Harry Styles' cover of his classic song "Sledgehammer" on The Howard Stern Show.
The world music legend retweeted the clip with a pair of clapping emoji, tagging the pop star, the long-running radio show and his own Real World Studios, which earned a shout-out from the former One Direction-er during his Stern appearance.
When introducing his performance, Styles called the 1986 anthem from Gabriel's fifth solo studio album, So, "the best-mixed song ever" before revealing he recorded a bulk of the material from his new album Fine Line at the veteran rocker's Bath, England-based studio. (Naturally, he and his team couldn't resist blasting "Sledgehammer" in the room before jumping into the recording process.)
© Billboard, by Glenn Rowley
Latest from GenesisFan
- Genesis reveal brand new behind-the-scenes rehearsal photos
- Phil Collins Sues Ex For Alleged 'Armed Occupation' Of Miami Home
- Phil Collins Hits Trump with Cease and Desist Order After Playing "In the Air Tonight"
- Phil Collins Booting Ex-Wife Out of Home After Alleged Secret Wedding
- Phil Collins Brings His 2019 'Not Dead Yet' Tour to MSG