Peter Gabriel took to social media on Thursday (March 5) to praise Harry Styles' cover of his classic song "Sledgehammer" on The Howard Stern Show.
The world music legend retweeted the clip with a pair of clapping emoji, tagging the pop star, the long-running radio show and his own Real World Studios, which earned a shout-out from the former One Direction-er during his Stern appearance.
When introducing his performance, Styles called the 1986 anthem from Gabriel's fifth solo studio album, So, "the best-mixed song ever" before revealing he recorded a bulk of the material from his new album Fine Line at the veteran rocker's Bath, England-based studio. (Naturally, he and his team couldn't resist blasting "Sledgehammer" in the room before jumping into the recording process.)
© Billboard, by Glenn Rowley
- Watch Peter Gabriel Re-Record 'Biko' With Artists From Around the World
- How Peter Gabriel ditched the masks and made the album that changed his life
- Steve Hackett Opens Up About His Current Relationship With Genesis: "We Were A Band Of Brothers"
- Peter Gabriel: my life story
- The shambolic Genesis reunion that saved Peter Gabriel from financial ruin