Peter Gabriel returns with new song 'This Is Party Man' from forthcoming soundtrack compilation "Rated PG".
Peter Gabriel is back with a new single. ‘This is Party Man’ is taken from new decades-spanning compilation Rated PG featuring 10 songs the legendary British rock musician has recorded for soundtracks. The single was originally featured as part of the score for 1995 film Virtuosity – starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe and directed by Brett Leonard – but was never released digitally, until now.
The song has writing contributions from George Acogny and Tori Amos as well as an official feature credit from African band The Worldbeaters, whose groovy and bright sound has clearly had a big influence. ‘This is Party Man’ finds a sort of middle ground between the '80s sheen of Gabriel’s former Genesis partner Phil Collins and the world influences of his later solo albums, making for a track equal parts power ballad, ethio-jazz, and ‘Bring On The Night.’ Also featured are new lyrics from Gabriel himself and a remaster of the original recording.
You can check out the song on all major streaming services, including Spotify and Apple Music, and catch Rated PG when it’s released in full later this year.
Latest from GenesisFan
- Flashback: Genesis Perform an Epic 'Watcher of the Skies' in 1973
- Three Members of Genesis Went to a Knicks Game — Speculations Abound
- The Orianne and Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation celebrated its 5th Annual Gala
- Steve Hackett to Perform Genesis' 1977 Live LP 'Seconds Out' on 2020 Tour
- Church’s Giant Baby Jesus Statue Looks Like Phil Collins