On 15 September 1978, Peter Gabriel was recorded live at Grugahalle, Essen in Germany for the now legendary Rockpalast TV programme.
We’ve recently been granted the rights to use the footage, so we will be adding tracks from the performance to Peter’s You Tube channel over the next few weeks. Subscribers to the channel are automatically notified as new videos are added.
Moribund The Burgermeister (above) will be public on Friday, but you can watch here now. On the Air (below) is already viewable.
In 1978 Peter’s live band was:
Peter Gabriel – vocals and piano
Tony Levin – bass, vocals
Jerry Marotta – drums, vocals
Sid McGuiness – guitar, vocals
Larry Fast – synthesiser
Timmy Capello – keyboard, saxophone
Director – Christian Wagner
Executive Producer – Peter Rachel
We hope you enjoy another chance to see these performances.
- 35 Years Ago: Peter Gabriel's 'Security' and the Long Journey Toward Success
- How Phil Collins Accidentally Created the Sound That Defined 1980s Music
- 20 Insanely Great Peter Gabriel Songs Only Hardcore Fans Know
- My groovy kind of love for Phil Collins
- Peter Gabriel’s film soundtracks due for vinyl reissue
Latest from GenesisFan
- Review: Phil Collins at Nottingham's Motorpoint Arena
- 43 Years Ago: Genesis Releases Double LP ‘The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway’
- 35 Years Ago: Phil Collins Releases Murky 'Hello, I Must Be Going'
- Phil Collins talks ahead of Birmingham gig
- 20 years ago and pop superstar Phil Collins wowed a packed Newcastle Arena