Peter has joined a host of other artists in lending his support to the We Are Not Afraid campaign: a response to the global refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence.
Peter features alongside more than 175 other highly notable artists and performers including Keith Richards, Robert Plant, Ringo Starr, Sting, Patti Smith, Robert De Niro, Iggy Pop, Bonnie Raitt, Chuck D, Jackson Browne, Yoko Ono and more in the Kevin Godley-directed video.
Nigerian reggae artist Majek Fashek has donated his song We Are Not Afraid to the project. It is available for purchase here plus iTunes, Amazon and other major outlets with all proceeds being donated to the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and Human Rights Watch (HRW).
"We’re alarmed by the hateful and dangerous rhetoric coming from politicians across Europe and the United States," said Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch. "We must not allow the rising threat of racism and hate to violate our most basic principles of humanity. We’re moved and grateful that so many artists are speaking out and standing with us for human rights."
The video premiered on RollingStone.com.
Latest from GenesisFan
- Flashback: Mike and the Mechanics Hit Number One With 'The Living Years'
- Mike Rutherford open to Genesis reunion: 'We’re all fit and healthy and good friends'
- Genesis reunion? Phil Collins tells us to ask Mike Rutherford - so we did
- 35 Years Ago: Phil Collins Leads Genesis-Heavy 'Against All Odds' Soundtrack
- 50 Years Ago Today - Genesis Released Debut LP 'From Genesis to Revelation'