Sting and Peter Gabriel are going on the road together this summer, teaming up for a run of co-headlining dates they’ve called the Rock Paper Scissors tour.
During the shows, which begin June 21 in Columbus, Ohio, and continue through July 24 in Edmonton, the two will, according to a press release, be "performing both separately and together, playing their own songs as well as melding their bands to explore each other’s most celebrated hits." The tour reunites a pair of artists who’ve performed together extensively in the past, most notably during the Human Rights Now! shows they were part of on behalf of Amnesty International in the ’80s.
"I’m very happy that we’re taking the chance to experiment this way. I think people will be intrigued," said Sting. "I certainly am." Added Gabriel, "What intrigues me is that you get a good bunch of musicians together and interesting things will happen."
Ticket pre-sales are scheduled to begin Jan. 20 at the artists’ websites, with special access opening up to Citi and American Express cardmembers the following day. Public sales will open Jan. 25 via Live Nation. Take a look at the complete list of shows below, and visit Sting’s official site and Peter Gabriel’s official site for more detailed ticketing information.
Sting and Peter Gabriel ‘Rock Paper Scissors’ Tour Dates
6/21 — Columbus, OH, Nationwide Arena
6/23 — Washington, DC, Verizon Center
6/24 — Wantagh, NY, Jones Beach
6/26 — Philadelphia, PA, BB&T Pavilion
6/27 — New York, NY, Madison Square Garden
6/29 — Toronto, ON, Air Canada Centre
6/30 — Detroit, MI, The Palace of Auburn Hills
7/02 — Worcester, MA, DCU Center
7/05 — Montreal, QC, Bell Centre
7/07 — Québec, QC, Festival d’été de Québec (Plains of Abraham)
7/09 — Chicago, IL, United Center
7/10 — Milwaukee, WI, Summerfest
7/12 — Denver, CO, Pepsi Center
7/14 — San Jose, CA, SAP Center at San Jose
7/15 — Lake Tahoe, NV, Harvey’s
7/17 — Los Angeles, CA, Hollywood Bowl
7/21 — Seattle, WA, Key Arena
7/23 — Calgary, AB, Scotiabank Saddledome
7/24 — Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
© ultimateclassicrock, by Jeff Giles
- Peter Gabriel is Back with New Compilation Single
- Mike + The Mechanics release ‘Out Of The Blue’, set to go on tour with Phil Collins in June
- Peter Gabriel Announces Limited Edition 'Rated PG' Album
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- In defence of Phil Collins: what is the genesis of all the hatred?
Latest from GenesisFan
- Watch Genesis' Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford Reunite on Stage
- Phil Collins, delivers impassioned performance from a chair during concert in Berlin
- Michelob Uses a Genesis Song about Drug Addiction to Sell Beer
- Phil Collins (a)live: Not dead yet...
- Phil Collins releases the original demo version of 'Another Day in Paradise'