Three more Peter Gabriel albums are set for release on vinyl this summer.
On June 10, vinyl editions of Gabriel’s So, Us and Up will be released on the Real World label via Caroline International. The releases follow vinyl helpings of Gabriel’s first four solo records last in 2015.
"It has been heartwarming to see the return of vinyl," Gabriel said in a release. " Even though I loved being free of its limitations in the digital world, there is still a warmth and presence to vinyl that somehow makes it a more natural human companion. It is great to see a new generation learning the secrets of the grooves."
The albums have all been half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 45-rpm in order to deliver the maximum dynamic sound range. The So album is released across two heavyweight 180-gram LPs, while the Us and Up albums are being released across three 180-gram LPs, with music on five sides and an etching on the sixth.
The vinyl reissues were overseen by Peter’s main sound engineer, Richard Chappell. The sleeves use imagery from the initial first album pressings, sourced and re-scanned from original artwork.
© ABC Radio
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins: Well-paced and elegantly structured show is a gift from artist
- Phil Collins 'Hangs in Long Enough' and delivers a Rock Hall-worthy memory: concert review
- Phil Collins Shrugs Off Health Problems, Delivers the Hits as 'Not Dead Yet Tour' Visits Cleveland
- Review: Phil Collins has the best seat in the house at the Bell Centre
- Phil Collins' Toronto concert is a family affair