Three more Peter Gabriel albums are set for release on vinyl this summer.
On June 10, vinyl editions of Gabriel’s So, Us and Up will be released on the Real World label via Caroline International. The releases follow vinyl helpings of Gabriel’s first four solo records last in 2015.
"It has been heartwarming to see the return of vinyl," Gabriel said in a release. " Even though I loved being free of its limitations in the digital world, there is still a warmth and presence to vinyl that somehow makes it a more natural human companion. It is great to see a new generation learning the secrets of the grooves."
The albums have all been half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 45-rpm in order to deliver the maximum dynamic sound range. The So album is released across two heavyweight 180-gram LPs, while the Us and Up albums are being released across three 180-gram LPs, with music on five sides and an etching on the sixth.
The vinyl reissues were overseen by Peter’s main sound engineer, Richard Chappell. The sleeves use imagery from the initial first album pressings, sourced and re-scanned from original artwork.
© ABC Radio
Latest from GenesisFan
- Three Members of Genesis Went to a Knicks Game — Speculations Abound
- The Orianne and Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation celebrated its 5th Annual Gala
- Steve Hackett to Perform Genesis' 1977 Live LP 'Seconds Out' on 2020 Tour
- Church’s Giant Baby Jesus Statue Looks Like Phil Collins
- Phil Collins’ …But Seriously set for 30th anniversary reissue