Peter Gabriel has released a new seven-minute song celebrating the late Muhammad Ali.
In the track, titled "I'm Amazing," which he debuted Thursday, Gabriel sings "Look at me, look at me, can you see what I can do?" Gabriel sings. "'Cause I'm amazing."
In a Facebook post, Gabriel explained that he wrote the song a few years ago and it was, in part, "inspired by Muhammad Ali’s life and struggles."
"At the time of his death, when so many people are celebrating his life and thinking about all he achieved, it seemed the right time to release it," he wrote.
Ali passed away June 3 due to "septic shock due to unspecified natural causes," according to his family. "I'm Amazing" is Gabriel's first release in nearly three years, following the track "Why Don't You Show Yourself" that was featured in the live concert album and film Back to Front: Live in London in 2013.
Listen to it here.
Latest from GenesisFan
- Tony Banks Says Genesis Are Probably Done for Good
- Tony Banks: I read Mike’s book and I didn’t like it very much
- A Beginner's Guide to Steve Hackett's Years With Genesis
- Tony Banks on His Latest Classical Album & the Odds of a 50th Anniversary Reunion
- With Phil Collins in Rio de Janeiro, rain is only a success