Peter Gabriel has released a new seven-minute song celebrating the late Muhammad Ali.
In the track, titled "I'm Amazing," which he debuted Thursday, Gabriel sings "Look at me, look at me, can you see what I can do?" Gabriel sings. "'Cause I'm amazing."
In a Facebook post, Gabriel explained that he wrote the song a few years ago and it was, in part, "inspired by Muhammad Ali’s life and struggles."
"At the time of his death, when so many people are celebrating his life and thinking about all he achieved, it seemed the right time to release it," he wrote.
Ali passed away June 3 due to "septic shock due to unspecified natural causes," according to his family. "I'm Amazing" is Gabriel's first release in nearly three years, following the track "Why Don't You Show Yourself" that was featured in the live concert album and film Back to Front: Live in London in 2013.
Listen to it here.
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins' Toronto concert is a family affair
- At TD Garden, a 'not dead yet' Phil Collins breathes life into all those hits
- Hobbled Phil Collins is steady on the hits in 1st U.S. tour in 12 years
- Phil Collins in Philadelphia: A triumphant stand against the ravages of time review
- Phil Collins’ Return to the Stage Comes Stateside to Florida