Peter Gabriel has released a new seven-minute song celebrating the late Muhammad Ali.
In the track, titled "I'm Amazing," which he debuted Thursday, Gabriel sings "Look at me, look at me, can you see what I can do?" Gabriel sings. "'Cause I'm amazing."
In a Facebook post, Gabriel explained that he wrote the song a few years ago and it was, in part, "inspired by Muhammad Ali’s life and struggles."
"At the time of his death, when so many people are celebrating his life and thinking about all he achieved, it seemed the right time to release it," he wrote.
Ali passed away June 3 due to "septic shock due to unspecified natural causes," according to his family. "I'm Amazing" is Gabriel's first release in nearly three years, following the track "Why Don't You Show Yourself" that was featured in the live concert album and film Back to Front: Live in London in 2013.
Listen to it here.
- Peter Gabriel is Back with New Compilation Single
- Peter Gabriel Announces Limited Edition 'Rated PG' Album
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- In defence of Phil Collins: what is the genesis of all the hatred?
- How Phil Collins ‘Cheated’ In His Audition For Genesis
Latest from GenesisFan
- Watch Genesis' Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford Reunite on Stage
- Phil Collins, delivers impassioned performance from a chair during concert in Berlin
- Michelob Uses a Genesis Song about Drug Addiction to Sell Beer
- Phil Collins (a)live: Not dead yet...
- Phil Collins releases the original demo version of 'Another Day in Paradise'