Peter’s Growing Up and Still Growing Up concert films have been re-released by Eagle Rock Entertainment.
The films are available together as a Blu-ray+DVD set of Growing Up Live + Still Growing Up Live & Unwrapped containing all the material from the original DVD releases plus the intimate Growing Up On Tour – A Family Portrait.
They are also available as individual DVD releases containing all their original bonus features.
In 2002 and 2003, following the release of the album Up, Peter Gabriel went on the road with his Growing Up tour, once again collaborating with production designer Robert Lepage to create a spectacular and theatrical live experience. The tour took in thirty-two cities across the USA, Canada and Europe with this concert film, directed by Hamish Hamilton, being shot over two nights at the FilaForum in Milan in May 2003 with Peter Gabriel and the band performing "in the round" at the centre of the arena. Filmed in high definition, this was originally released on DVD in 2003 but never on Blu-ray. The DVD is now being reissued and the concert is being released on Blu-ray for the first time.
Still Growing Up Live & Unwrapped is taken from the Still Growing Up tour of 2004, which took Peter Gabriel and his band into smaller and more intimate venues in contrast to the large arenas chronicled in the Growing Up Live film. Award-winning director Hamish Hamilton reunites with Peter Gabriel for this concert film. The Unwrapped film sees Anna Gabriel take over the director’s chair with the collaboration of Hamish Hamilton. A simpler approach suggested a different set list and Peter, Hamish and Anna were determined that this should be filmed in a very different style. It shows Peter Gabriel as many of his fans love to see him, just playing the music. Filmed in standard definition only.
- Peter Gabriel is Back with New Compilation Single
- Peter Gabriel Announces Limited Edition 'Rated PG' Album
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- In defence of Phil Collins: what is the genesis of all the hatred?
- How Phil Collins ‘Cheated’ In His Audition For Genesis
Latest from GenesisFan
- The 10 Best Genesis Songs – voted for by Prog readers
- Phil Collins Is Still Alive: Report From The Concert In Warsaw
- Phil Collins makes rare appearance as he’s spotted in wheelchair and using walking stick
- Phil Collins' most famous song "In The Air Tonight" on an exclusive Vinyl-Single
- Phil Collins was back on a Dutch stage again after fifteen years