Peter Gabriel has announced that he will use Universal’s label services division Caroline International to distribute his solo back catalogue from this moment onwards.
Actually, yesterday onwards. The point is, it’s all happening immediately.
CEO of Gabriel’s Real World label, Mike Large, said of the deal: "Peter has always wanted to work in partnership with his label rather than be a servant to it, choosing what services he needs rather than being forced to fit into a rigid system. Working with Michael and his team will give us the flexible relationship that we wanted: a true partnership, fuelled by expertise and enthusiasm".
The there mentioned Michael Roe, joint MD of Caroline International, added: "I’ve had the privilege of working with Peter Gabriel and Mike Large many times over the years and so I’m delighted that they’ve chosen Caroline as their international label services partner. Peter continues to be one of the most creative and inspirational artists in the world so everyone at Caroline is immensely proud of this new partnership".
Gabriel himself said nothing, as someone had misheard part of the discussion and hit him with a sledgehammer. He probably would have said he was "thrilled" though.
© Completemusicupdate, by Andy Malt
Latest from GenesisFan
- Steve Hackett on Staying Creative During the Pandemic
- How to Recreate Phil Collins’ Legendary "In the Air Tonight" Drum Fill
- The Number Ones: Genesis' "Invisible Touch"
- Steve Hackett Opens Up About His Current Relationship With Genesis: "We Were A Band Of Brothers"
- Orianne Cevey's 'outrageous' claims about Phil Collins to be cut from lawsuit