Peter Gabriel has announced that he will use Universal’s label services division Caroline International to distribute his solo back catalogue from this moment onwards.
Actually, yesterday onwards. The point is, it’s all happening immediately.
CEO of Gabriel’s Real World label, Mike Large, said of the deal: "Peter has always wanted to work in partnership with his label rather than be a servant to it, choosing what services he needs rather than being forced to fit into a rigid system. Working with Michael and his team will give us the flexible relationship that we wanted: a true partnership, fuelled by expertise and enthusiasm".
The there mentioned Michael Roe, joint MD of Caroline International, added: "I’ve had the privilege of working with Peter Gabriel and Mike Large many times over the years and so I’m delighted that they’ve chosen Caroline as their international label services partner. Peter continues to be one of the most creative and inspirational artists in the world so everyone at Caroline is immensely proud of this new partnership".
Gabriel himself said nothing, as someone had misheard part of the discussion and hit him with a sledgehammer. He probably would have said he was "thrilled" though.
© Completemusicupdate, by Andy Malt
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins' most famous song "In The Air Tonight" on an exclusive Vinyl-Single
- Phil Collins was back on a Dutch stage again after fifteen years
- Phil Collins: If the songs convince, it does not need a big show
- Watch Genesis' Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford Reunite on Stage
- Phil Collins, delivers impassioned performance from a chair during concert in Berlin