Comedian Bill Bailey presents music legend Peter Gabriel with Prog God Award at Prog Awards 2014.
Peter Gabriel is a multi-million selling musician and one of the most innovative and inspirational people in rock and prog alike.
He is a double inductee of the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, both as a member of Genesis in 2010 and again as a solo artist this year. He is co-founder of world music festival WOMAD, the founder of Real World Studios, and a renowned Human Rights activist. In celebration of the 25th anniversary of his seminal album So, he has been playing shows throughout Europe, with more dates added for later this year. And so, it is with great joy and respect that we presented him with the top award of the night, the Prog God.
The award was presented to Gabriel by comedian Bill Bailey, who delivered a hilarious speech that had the audience, and Gabriel, in stitches. Mixing humour, good grace and plenty of insight, Bailey's speech was the perfect introduction for the Prog God to accept his award.
© Teamrock, by HannahMay Kilroy
Latest from GenesisFan
- The art of synth soloing: How to play like Tony Banks - the early years
- 40 Years of 'Melt': Peter Gabriel's catalytic third album
- Behind the Song: Peter Gabriel, "Games Without Frontiers"
- Phil Collins Names Genesis Hit He Had Mixed Feelings About: 'Suddenly We Had Lots of Female Fans'
- Who Sang the Most Genesis Songs? Lead Vocal Totals