Comedian Bill Bailey presents music legend Peter Gabriel with Prog God Award at Prog Awards 2014.
Peter Gabriel is a multi-million selling musician and one of the most innovative and inspirational people in rock and prog alike.
He is a double inductee of the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, both as a member of Genesis in 2010 and again as a solo artist this year. He is co-founder of world music festival WOMAD, the founder of Real World Studios, and a renowned Human Rights activist. In celebration of the 25th anniversary of his seminal album So, he has been playing shows throughout Europe, with more dates added for later this year. And so, it is with great joy and respect that we presented him with the top award of the night, the Prog God.
The award was presented to Gabriel by comedian Bill Bailey, who delivered a hilarious speech that had the audience, and Gabriel, in stitches. Mixing humour, good grace and plenty of insight, Bailey's speech was the perfect introduction for the Prog God to accept his award.
© Teamrock, by HannahMay Kilroy
Latest from GenesisFan
- Mike Rutherford on Reviving the Mechanics and the Future of Genesis
- Peter Gabriel is Back with New Compilation Single
- Phil Collins expands "Still Not Dead Yet" tour, adds 2nd MSG show
- Mike + The Mechanics release ‘Out Of The Blue’, set to go on tour with Phil Collins in June
- Mike & The Mechanics at Royal Albert Hall Review: Finely tuned show of career highlights