Comedian Bill Bailey presents music legend Peter Gabriel with Prog God Award at Prog Awards 2014.
Peter Gabriel is a multi-million selling musician and one of the most innovative and inspirational people in rock and prog alike.
He is a double inductee of the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, both as a member of Genesis in 2010 and again as a solo artist this year. He is co-founder of world music festival WOMAD, the founder of Real World Studios, and a renowned Human Rights activist. In celebration of the 25th anniversary of his seminal album So, he has been playing shows throughout Europe, with more dates added for later this year. And so, it is with great joy and respect that we presented him with the top award of the night, the Prog God.
The award was presented to Gabriel by comedian Bill Bailey, who delivered a hilarious speech that had the audience, and Gabriel, in stitches. Mixing humour, good grace and plenty of insight, Bailey's speech was the perfect introduction for the Prog God to accept his award.
© Teamrock, by HannahMay Kilroy
Latest from GenesisFan
- Tony Banks Says Genesis Are Probably Done for Good
- Tony Banks: I read Mike’s book and I didn’t like it very much
- A Beginner's Guide to Steve Hackett's Years With Genesis
- Tony Banks on His Latest Classical Album & the Odds of a 50th Anniversary Reunion
- With Phil Collins in Rio de Janeiro, rain is only a success