Comedian Bill Bailey presents music legend Peter Gabriel with Prog God Award at Prog Awards 2014.
Peter Gabriel is a multi-million selling musician and one of the most innovative and inspirational people in rock and prog alike.
He is a double inductee of the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, both as a member of Genesis in 2010 and again as a solo artist this year. He is co-founder of world music festival WOMAD, the founder of Real World Studios, and a renowned Human Rights activist. In celebration of the 25th anniversary of his seminal album So, he has been playing shows throughout Europe, with more dates added for later this year. And so, it is with great joy and respect that we presented him with the top award of the night, the Prog God.
The award was presented to Gabriel by comedian Bill Bailey, who delivered a hilarious speech that had the audience, and Gabriel, in stitches. Mixing humour, good grace and plenty of insight, Bailey's speech was the perfect introduction for the Prog God to accept his award.
© Teamrock, by HannahMay Kilroy
Latest from GenesisFan
- Genesis reschedule reunion dates for September and October
- Steve Hackett on Staying Creative During the Pandemic
- How to Recreate Phil Collins’ Legendary "In the Air Tonight" Drum Fill
- The Number Ones: Genesis' "Invisible Touch"
- Steve Hackett Opens Up About His Current Relationship With Genesis: "We Were A Band Of Brothers"