Peter Gabriel will release a newly mixed version of "Courage," a single that he initially recorded over 25 years ago.
GRAMMY Award winning engineer Tchad Blake re-worked the song that contains new overdubs by Gabriel and long-term guitarist/collaborator David Rhodes (who has been part of Gabriel’s band on his "Back To Front" tour, which sees him playing So in its entirety).
"Courage" was slated for Gabriel’s 1986 album, So, however, Gabriel did not feel the song was appropriate to be included on the project.
"When So drew to a close I didn’t feel the song was delivering in the way I had hoped, so I decided not to include it. When we were reviewing all the material from that time, we wanted to take a fresh look at it and get it finished. I always liked the track and very much enjoyed the playing on it, especially the energy of the drums," said the 63-year-old singer.
The bundle release also includes a remix by multi-platinum record producer Steve Osborne, who also remixed Gabriel’s "The Tower That Ate People" and mixed/produced "Growing Up."
© 98.5 WNCX, by Jude Dsouza
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins is wheeled through Sydney airport in a wheelchair
- Phil Collins at the Mission: Who said no jacket required?
- Phil Collins delivers a stunning, seated performance in Christchurch
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- Phil Collins Reminds Australian Fans His Musical Genius is Not Dead Yet