Peter Gabriel has revealed that the planned deluxe reissue of his classic 1986 album So will hit stores in September. According to a post on the former Genesis singer’s official website, the collection will be called So 25.1/2.
Back in December, Gabriel posted a video asking fans to submit photos of memorabilia from the So era, written recollections of the time and ideas for how to package the release for possible use in the reissue.
In his most recent monthly video update, Gabriel reveals that a Classic Albums documentary about the making of So also has been produced. He also reports that he has amassed ideas for about 12 songs for his next album.
So features such memorable tunes as "Sledgehammer," "In Your Eyes," "Red Rain" and "Big Time," and has sold more than 5 million copies in the U.S. according to the Record Industry Association of America.
© ABC News Radio
Latest from GenesisFan
- Steve Hackett on Staying Creative During the Pandemic
- How to Recreate Phil Collins’ Legendary "In the Air Tonight" Drum Fill
- The Number Ones: Genesis' "Invisible Touch"
- Steve Hackett Opens Up About His Current Relationship With Genesis: "We Were A Band Of Brothers"
- Orianne Cevey's 'outrageous' claims about Phil Collins to be cut from lawsuit