Peter Gabriel has revealed that the planned deluxe reissue of his classic 1986 album So will hit stores in September. According to a post on the former Genesis singer’s official website, the collection will be called So 25.1/2.
Back in December, Gabriel posted a video asking fans to submit photos of memorabilia from the So era, written recollections of the time and ideas for how to package the release for possible use in the reissue.
In his most recent monthly video update, Gabriel reveals that a Classic Albums documentary about the making of So also has been produced. He also reports that he has amassed ideas for about 12 songs for his next album.
So features such memorable tunes as "Sledgehammer," "In Your Eyes," "Red Rain" and "Big Time," and has sold more than 5 million copies in the U.S. according to the Record Industry Association of America.
© ABC News Radio
Latest from GenesisFan
- Three Members of Genesis Went to a Knicks Game — Speculations Abound
- The Orianne and Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation celebrated its 5th Annual Gala
- Steve Hackett to Perform Genesis' 1977 Live LP 'Seconds Out' on 2020 Tour
- Church’s Giant Baby Jesus Statue Looks Like Phil Collins
- Phil Collins’ …But Seriously set for 30th anniversary reissue