Peter Gabriel has revealed that the planned deluxe reissue of his classic 1986 album So will hit stores in September. According to a post on the former Genesis singer’s official website, the collection will be called So 25.1/2.
Back in December, Gabriel posted a video asking fans to submit photos of memorabilia from the So era, written recollections of the time and ideas for how to package the release for possible use in the reissue.
In his most recent monthly video update, Gabriel reveals that a Classic Albums documentary about the making of So also has been produced. He also reports that he has amassed ideas for about 12 songs for his next album.
So features such memorable tunes as "Sledgehammer," "In Your Eyes," "Red Rain" and "Big Time," and has sold more than 5 million copies in the U.S. according to the Record Industry Association of America.
© ABC News Radio
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins and his ex-wife Orianne Cevey put on a cosy display at charity music event
- Phil Collins made a visit to a hospital in Newcastle hours before his UK show
- Review: Phil Collins at the Royal Albert Hall
- Phil Collins: South America and Mexico shows announced
- Review: Phil Collins at Nottingham's Motorpoint Arena