Peter Gabriel has revealed that the planned deluxe reissue of his classic 1986 album So will hit stores in September. According to a post on the former Genesis singer’s official website, the collection will be called So 25.1/2.
Back in December, Gabriel posted a video asking fans to submit photos of memorabilia from the So era, written recollections of the time and ideas for how to package the release for possible use in the reissue.
In his most recent monthly video update, Gabriel reveals that a Classic Albums documentary about the making of So also has been produced. He also reports that he has amassed ideas for about 12 songs for his next album.
So features such memorable tunes as "Sledgehammer," "In Your Eyes," "Red Rain" and "Big Time," and has sold more than 5 million copies in the U.S. according to the Record Industry Association of America.
© ABC News Radio
- Classic Genesis Albums Heading For 180g Vinyl Reissue
- Tony Banks: I read Mike’s book and I didn’t like it very much
- Tony Banks on His Latest Classical Album & the Odds of a 50th Anniversary Reunion
- 35 Years Ago: Peter Gabriel's 'Security' and the Long Journey Toward Success
- Facts About "No Jacket Required"
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins' Toronto concert is a family affair
- At TD Garden, a 'not dead yet' Phil Collins breathes life into all those hits
- Hobbled Phil Collins is steady on the hits in 1st U.S. tour in 12 years
- Phil Collins in Philadelphia: A triumphant stand against the ravages of time review
- Phil Collins’ Return to the Stage Comes Stateside to Florida