You loved "So," and maybe even bought tickets to see Peter Gabriel perform his most famous album in concert. But what else do you know about the visionary rock vocalist?
Here's some basic info:
- 1. Flute: Some people only think of Gabriel as a singer, but he originally came to fame as both the lead vocalist and flutist for Genesis.
- 2. Award winner: Gabriel has won enough hardware to fill several trophy cases. His tally includes six Grammy Awards and 13 Video Music Awards.
- 3. Video hit: Gabriel's landmark "Sledgehammer" is reportedly the most-played video in MTV history.
- 4. Olympics: Gabriel performed John Lennon's "Imagine" at the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics in Italy.
- 5. Hall of Famer: Gabriel was inducted as a member of Genesis into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2010. Most expect that he'll someday be enshrined for a second time -- for his solo work.
Last modified on Wednesday, 03 October 2012 08:21
Latest from GenesisFan
- Tony Banks Says Genesis Are Probably Done for Good
- Tony Banks: I read Mike’s book and I didn’t like it very much
- A Beginner's Guide to Steve Hackett's Years With Genesis
- Tony Banks on His Latest Classical Album & the Odds of a 50th Anniversary Reunion
- With Phil Collins in Rio de Janeiro, rain is only a success