You loved "So," and maybe even bought tickets to see Peter Gabriel perform his most famous album in concert. But what else do you know about the visionary rock vocalist?
Here's some basic info:
- 1. Flute: Some people only think of Gabriel as a singer, but he originally came to fame as both the lead vocalist and flutist for Genesis.
- 2. Award winner: Gabriel has won enough hardware to fill several trophy cases. His tally includes six Grammy Awards and 13 Video Music Awards.
- 3. Video hit: Gabriel's landmark "Sledgehammer" is reportedly the most-played video in MTV history.
- 4. Olympics: Gabriel performed John Lennon's "Imagine" at the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics in Italy.
- 5. Hall of Famer: Gabriel was inducted as a member of Genesis into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2010. Most expect that he'll someday be enshrined for a second time -- for his solo work.
Last modified on Wednesday, 03 October 2012 08:21
- How Phil Collins ‘Cheated’ In His Audition For Genesis
- Steve Hackett Announces 'Selling England By The Pound' UK Tour For 2019
- Steve Hackett brings Genesis Revisited Tour to the UK in October
- Flashback: Genesis Wrap Up Their Reunion Tour With a Peter Gabriel-Era Classic
- The Genesis Years by Steve Hackett