You loved "So," and maybe even bought tickets to see Peter Gabriel perform his most famous album in concert. But what else do you know about the visionary rock vocalist?
Here's some basic info:
- 1. Flute: Some people only think of Gabriel as a singer, but he originally came to fame as both the lead vocalist and flutist for Genesis.
- 2. Award winner: Gabriel has won enough hardware to fill several trophy cases. His tally includes six Grammy Awards and 13 Video Music Awards.
- 3. Video hit: Gabriel's landmark "Sledgehammer" is reportedly the most-played video in MTV history.
- 4. Olympics: Gabriel performed John Lennon's "Imagine" at the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics in Italy.
- 5. Hall of Famer: Gabriel was inducted as a member of Genesis into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2010. Most expect that he'll someday be enshrined for a second time -- for his solo work.
Last modified on Wednesday, 03 October 2012 08:21
- Mike Rutherford open to Genesis reunion: 'We’re all fit and healthy and good friends'
- 50 Years Ago Today - Genesis Released Debut LP 'From Genesis to Revelation'
- Interview: Steve Hackett on Performing Unreleased Genesis Songs
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- Guitarist Daryl Stuermer Talks 40-Year Career With Genesis, Phil Collins
Latest from GenesisFan
- Mike Rutherford on Reviving the Mechanics and the Future of Genesis
- Peter Gabriel is Back with New Compilation Single
- Phil Collins expands "Still Not Dead Yet" tour, adds 2nd MSG show
- Mike + The Mechanics release ‘Out Of The Blue’, set to go on tour with Phil Collins in June
- Mike & The Mechanics at Royal Albert Hall Review: Finely tuned show of career highlights