He is a rock legend, pop icon, loves to experiment and has been in the music industry for over forty years: Peter Gabriel proved his extraordinary stage presence (not infrequently with the aid of some bizarre costumes) right back when he was the co-founder of Genesis.
He left the band in 1975 and began a solo career. His singles Sledgehammer and Big Time gave him his big solo breakthrough.
Time and again Gabriel has withdrawn from public life – often at highpoints in his career – only to resurface with new ideas. The result of the last voluntary break in 2010 culminated in the album Scratch My Back in which Gabriel exclusively worked with cover songs by various well-known musicians such as David Bowie and Paul Simon using orchestra and voice. Because he needed more music for his tour of the same name, he also drew on his own work in like manner – and the idea for his current album New Blood was born. He rigorously insisted "no guitars, no drums!" playing popular and also less well-known songs with a 50-strong orchestra. The result was a completely new, impressive sound-scape with great emotional depth which illustrates how timeless music is.
02) Munich - Olympiahalle, Germany
03) Oberhausen - Konig Pilsener Arena, Germany
06) Wolfsburg - Movimentos, Germany
07) Wolfsburg - Movimentos, Germany
09) Berlin - O2 World, Germany
11) Stuttgart - Schleyer-halle, Germany
13) Oswiecim (Auschwitz) - Fundacja Peace Festival, Poland
29) Kent, Hop Farm Music Festival, UK