Sometimes a track comes along that just makes your face hurt from smiling. Out friends Coloureds have delivered the goods again, in the form of their take on Peter Gabriel’s ‘Sledgehammer’.
The Yellow and Blue noise terrorists give Gabriel what can only be described as a "right sonic seeing to in a back alley" as the layer their trademark chainsaw synths over ‘Sledgehammer’s Pop-Funk vibe. Coloureds are maturing so fast in their sound, shown by how intact they keeps the original song structure, and how much of the underlying groove they retain whist still blowing your ears with their aural assault. No longer a choice between dirty, distorted, confusing in-your-face Electro and dancefloor working Disco. Coloureds have mastered both.
© Electronic Rumors, by Crash
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins: Well-paced and elegantly structured show is a gift from artist
- Phil Collins 'Hangs in Long Enough' and delivers a Rock Hall-worthy memory: concert review
- Phil Collins Shrugs Off Health Problems, Delivers the Hits as 'Not Dead Yet Tour' Visits Cleveland
- Review: Phil Collins has the best seat in the house at the Bell Centre
- Phil Collins' Toronto concert is a family affair