Sometimes a track comes along that just makes your face hurt from smiling. Out friends Coloureds have delivered the goods again, in the form of their take on Peter Gabriel’s ‘Sledgehammer’.
The Yellow and Blue noise terrorists give Gabriel what can only be described as a "right sonic seeing to in a back alley" as the layer their trademark chainsaw synths over ‘Sledgehammer’s Pop-Funk vibe. Coloureds are maturing so fast in their sound, shown by how intact they keeps the original song structure, and how much of the underlying groove they retain whist still blowing your ears with their aural assault. No longer a choice between dirty, distorted, confusing in-your-face Electro and dancefloor working Disco. Coloureds have mastered both.
© Electronic Rumors, by Crash
- Mike & The Mechanics at Royal Albert Hall Review: Finely tuned show of career highlights
- Mike and the Mechanics, Portsmouth Guildhall, Review: ‘An immaculately executed show’
- Review: Mike + The Mechanics at New Theatre Oxford
- Phil Collins 'Hangs in Long Enough' and delivers a Rock Hall-worthy memory: concert review
- Sledgehammer Video Remastered
Latest from GenesisFan
- The Orianne and Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation celebrated its 5th Annual Gala
- Steve Hackett to Perform Genesis' 1977 Live LP 'Seconds Out' on 2020 Tour
- Church’s Giant Baby Jesus Statue Looks Like Phil Collins
- Phil Collins’ …But Seriously set for 30th anniversary reissue
- Phil Collins is Still Not Dead Yet