Peter Gabriel is set to release his brand new album ‘New Blood’ on October 10.
The 12 track album follows 2010's covers record 'Scratch My Back' and sees a host of Gabriel's classic tracks re-imgained but minus guitar, bass and drums.
Songs such as 'Digging In The Dirt', 'Don't Give Up', 'Downside Up' and 'San Jacinto' have been reworked by composer and arranger John Metcalfe, alongside Gabriel and the 46 piece New Blood Orchestra, conducted by Ben Foster.
The album also features a version of 'Solsbury Hill' which is preceded by 'A Quiet Moment' – five minutes of ambient sound recorded on Solsbury Hill, Somerset.
The 'New Blood' tracklisting
Rhythm Of The Heat
Downside Up (featuring Melanie Gabriel)
In Your Eyes
Don’t Give Up (featuring Ane Brun)
Digging In The Dirt
The Nest That Sailed the Sky
A Quiet Moment
- Classic Genesis Albums Heading For 180g Vinyl Reissue
- Tony Banks: I read Mike’s book and I didn’t like it very much
- Tony Banks on His Latest Classical Album & the Odds of a 50th Anniversary Reunion
- 35 Years Ago: Peter Gabriel's 'Security' and the Long Journey Toward Success
- Facts About "No Jacket Required"
Latest from GenesisFan
- Flashback: Mike and the Mechanics Hit Number One With 'The Living Years'
- Mike Rutherford open to Genesis reunion: 'We’re all fit and healthy and good friends'
- Genesis reunion? Phil Collins tells us to ask Mike Rutherford - so we did
- 35 Years Ago: Phil Collins Leads Genesis-Heavy 'Against All Odds' Soundtrack
- 50 Years Ago Today - Genesis Released Debut LP 'From Genesis to Revelation'