Peter Gabriel needs your help! On a video posted on his website yesterday, Peter is asking fans for help in putting together the 25th anniversary edition of his classic ‘So’ album.
They are looking for input in the form of memorabilia, tickets, posters and photos relating to the album and tour. Even personal memories or diary entries are wanted.
Peter himself made the request via his website’s ‘Full Moon Update’ for December, saying "Any of you out there that have photos, or some objects or souvenirs from 25 years ago that would care to upload them to us that would be fantastic. We’d love to see what’s out there. We’d very much appreciate any input you want to give us."
Gabriel is also checking out footage shot for 1987′s ‘POV,’ a Martin Scorsese-produced documentary featuring live concert footage from Athens, Greece, for possible inclusion in the reissue.
His website asks that fans send their memories and souvenirs by the next ‘Full Moon Update’ on Jan. 9, 2012. Only low res scans are needed for this first part of the process.
‘So’ was Gabriel’s biggest commercial triumph to date, spawning the hits ‘Sledgehammer’ ‘Red Rain,’ ‘Big Time’ and ‘In Your Eyes.’ The album went platinum five times over and reached No. 2 on the U.S. charts.
We think it’s pretty cool to get the fans involved! Bravo Peter!
© Ultimate Classic Rock, by Dave Swanson
Latest from GenesisFan
- Three Members of Genesis Went to a Knicks Game — Speculations Abound
- The Orianne and Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation celebrated its 5th Annual Gala
- Steve Hackett to Perform Genesis' 1977 Live LP 'Seconds Out' on 2020 Tour
- Church’s Giant Baby Jesus Statue Looks Like Phil Collins
- Phil Collins’ …But Seriously set for 30th anniversary reissue