Peter Gabriel needs your help! On a video posted on his website yesterday, Peter is asking fans for help in putting together the 25th anniversary edition of his classic ‘So’ album.
They are looking for input in the form of memorabilia, tickets, posters and photos relating to the album and tour. Even personal memories or diary entries are wanted.
Peter himself made the request via his website’s ‘Full Moon Update’ for December, saying "Any of you out there that have photos, or some objects or souvenirs from 25 years ago that would care to upload them to us that would be fantastic. We’d love to see what’s out there. We’d very much appreciate any input you want to give us."
Gabriel is also checking out footage shot for 1987′s ‘POV,’ a Martin Scorsese-produced documentary featuring live concert footage from Athens, Greece, for possible inclusion in the reissue.
His website asks that fans send their memories and souvenirs by the next ‘Full Moon Update’ on Jan. 9, 2012. Only low res scans are needed for this first part of the process.
‘So’ was Gabriel’s biggest commercial triumph to date, spawning the hits ‘Sledgehammer’ ‘Red Rain,’ ‘Big Time’ and ‘In Your Eyes.’ The album went platinum five times over and reached No. 2 on the U.S. charts.
We think it’s pretty cool to get the fans involved! Bravo Peter!
© Ultimate Classic Rock, by Dave Swanson
- Classic Genesis Albums Heading For 180g Vinyl Reissue
- Tony Banks: I read Mike’s book and I didn’t like it very much
- Tony Banks on His Latest Classical Album & the Odds of a 50th Anniversary Reunion
- 35 Years Ago: Peter Gabriel's 'Security' and the Long Journey Toward Success
- Facts About "No Jacket Required"
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins is wheeled through Sydney airport in a wheelchair
- Phil Collins at the Mission: Who said no jacket required?
- Phil Collins delivers a stunning, seated performance in Christchurch
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- Phil Collins Reminds Australian Fans His Musical Genius is Not Dead Yet