Peter Gabriel is refusing to dismiss all talk of a full Genesis reunion tour because he'd consider one final trek with his former bandmates if drummer/singer Phil Collins' health improves.
The rocker entertained the idea of a Genesis get together back in 2005 and called a meeting with Collins, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford to discuss plans, but the talks fell apart and the band hit the road without their original frontman.
But Gabriel insists the old bandmates are still all on good terms and, although he thinks a reunion is unlikely, he'll never say never.
He tells RollingStone, "I get on pretty well with everybody... (but) I don't know what the others would want to do. Phil has had a lot of physical troubles recently, back problems that have restricted his drum playing, so there may be other reasons that would make it difficult now.
"So I assume we won't lose any sleep if we don't do more (reunion shows). You know, we had a great run. They did way better after I left anyway, so I don't know think anyone has anything to complain about.
"(But) who knows? I mean, I did enjoy the Led Zeppelin one (reunion) for example. I went to that gig, and they certainly worked their a**es off rehearsing. The only time I've ever had a reunion with Genesis is when they very generously agreed to play the Womad music festival (in 1982), which had lost lots of money at the first outing... We didn't get to rehearse much, and I said, 'If we ever do this again, I really want to get it right.'
"I won't say never ever, but it's in the outside department of the betting shop."
- Michelob Uses a Genesis Song about Drug Addiction to Sell Beer
- Genesis live album Seconds Out to get new vinyl reissue
- Mike Rutherford open to Genesis reunion: 'We’re all fit and healthy and good friends'
- Genesis reunion? Phil Collins tells us to ask Mike Rutherford - so we did
- 50 Years Ago Today - Genesis Released Debut LP 'From Genesis to Revelation'
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins' most famous song "In The Air Tonight" on an exclusive Vinyl-Single
- Phil Collins was back on a Dutch stage again after fifteen years
- Phil Collins: If the songs convince, it does not need a big show
- Watch Genesis' Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford Reunite on Stage
- Phil Collins, delivers impassioned performance from a chair during concert in Berlin