EMI has renewed and extended its partnership with internationally renowned recording artist and songwriter Peter Gabriel. The new agreements build on the decades-long relationships between Peter Gabriel and both EMI Music and EMI Music Publishing.
In addition to ‘New Blood’, this extended partnership covers:
- Peter Gabriel’s full catalogue of solo recordings in the UK and Europe, Latin America, Japan, South Africa, Turkey, the Middle East, India and the USA, which are released on Real World Records. EMI Music handles both digital and physical distribution in these territories through EMI Label Services.
- All of Peter Gabriel’s solo songs including classic hits such as ‘Solsbury Hill’, ‘Sledgehammer’ and ‘Don’t Give Up’. EMI Music Publishing has renewed its deal to represent this catalogue outside the UK and will now administer it in the USA as well for the first time.
- The publishing catalogue of Real World, regarded as one of the foremost companies in world music. EMI Music Publishing has extended its existing deal to continue to represent this catalogue globally outside of the UK.
Peter Gabriel said: "I’ve always believed that there is a role for record companies in the future. The model I like, however, is record company as a service industry, in which the artists own and control their work and have a menu of services to choose from. I am delighted that EMI have been forward-thinking enough to create such a model with their label services division and am happy we will be able to continue our long relationship through this channel."
Roger Faxon, CEO of EMI Group said: "Peter Gabriel has consistently been one of the boldest and most creative musicians of any generation. It’s been a privilege to have travelled so far with Peter on his innovative career path and I’m delighted that we’ve been able to broaden our partnership so we can continue to support his work right into the future."
Peter Gabriel first came to international prominence with the success of Genesis, a band that he co-founded while still at school. Since leaving Genesis in 1975, his recording career has included seven studio albums, acclaimed film soundtracks for ‘Birdy’, ‘The Last Temptation of Christ’ and ‘Rabbit Proof Fence’ as well as live and compilation albums. His wider musical career has included multiple Grammy Awards and the creation of the now global WOMAD festival.
Peter Gabriel co-founded the human rights organisation Witness.org in 1989 and in 2007, Peter Gabriel and Sir Richard Branson founded Elders.org which was launched by Nelson Mandela. In 2006 Peter Gabriel was awarded the prestigious Man of Peace title by The Nobel Peace Laureates. He has also engaged in a wide variety of tech-based businesses throughout a variety of creative industries.
- Peter Gabriel is Back with New Compilation Single
- Peter Gabriel Announces Limited Edition 'Rated PG' Album
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- In defence of Phil Collins: what is the genesis of all the hatred?
- How Phil Collins ‘Cheated’ In His Audition For Genesis
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins' most famous song "In The Air Tonight" on an exclusive Vinyl-Single
- Phil Collins was back on a Dutch stage again after fifteen years
- Phil Collins: If the songs convince, it does not need a big show
- Watch Genesis' Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford Reunite on Stage
- Phil Collins, delivers impassioned performance from a chair during concert in Berlin