Mike & The Mechanics Band came first in Romania and more than 1,000 people gathered in Constitution Square on Saturday. The audience was composed largely of adult males, even past the age of two. Many came with children. Although the space festival Rock the City was not packed, the band were not put off and made efforts to warm the audience, which was left completely conquered the concert atmosphere until the middle of the show about 90 minutes.
Mike & The Mechanics became headline on Saturday evening after the band Papa Roach has canceled concert in Bucharest. The band went on stage earlier than scheduled, around 21.00, when the sun was still in the sky. "Good evening, Bucharest," shouted one of the singers of the band, Tim Howar, after the first piece, "The Road", which bears the name of the new album, released last year.
The audience sang and danced to the band's popular songs, including "Over My Shoulder," "Cup of Coffee," "The Living Years" and songs from Genesis, such as the famous "I Can not Dance" and "Follow You, Follow Me. " The "I Can not Dance", some Indian spectators formed a string and danced like Phil Collins and Genesis in video since 1991. A steady hand man shot with a camera by hand almost all the concert. Two rockers Judas Priest Unleashed forgot that plays on Sunday, so we were naked shirtless and gave the hair to exhaustion, although the concert was rather intimate atmosphere and melancholy.
Thanked Romanian public involvement in major hits Mike & The Mechanics, Tim Howar challenged the Constitution Square to sing with him, and then the tickling egos: "Bucharest, You Can Sing."
At the end of the show - but before the encores - singer invited everyone in the market to go further in the tournament, with the band.
When were chemţi back to bis, Mike & The Mechanics have played parts "Cuddly Toy", a cover band Roachford, and "Word Of Mouth", a song dedicated to Paul Young, another founding member Mike & The Mechanics, who died in 2000.
Mike & The Mechanics Project was founded in 1984 by Mike Rutherford from Genesis. The band released seven studio albums, including most recently "The Road" appeared in 2010.
translated by Google
- Phil Collins 'Hangs in Long Enough' and delivers a Rock Hall-worthy memory: concert review
- Mike + The Mechanics "Let Me Fly" still grounded in blandland
- Review: Mike + The Mechanics, York Barbican, February 17
- Album Review: "The Singles" by Phil Collins
- Book Review: Phil Collins - Not Dead Yet - Memoir
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins starts his first Australian tour in 23 years on Saturday
- In defence of Phil Collins: what is the genesis of all the hatred?
- Could Phil Collins headline Isle of Wight Festival 2019?
- Phil Collins reveals what it's like performing on stage alongside his talented musician son Nicholas, 17
- Here’s A Rock Cover Of Phil Collins’ In The Air Tonight