Magic Spaceship "Genesis" is the hot dust of the rock star universe long ago disintegrated, but his sometimes astronauts are still very much alive.
Not only the superstars Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins can look back on a long solo career, also a guitarist and bassist Mike Rutherford with his very successful band "Mike & The Mechanics" produced many recordings with cult status. The creative songwriter still presented with his band and after a long hiatus with a new album in the theater at Marientor.
"The Road" is the title of the current CD project, which proves that the now somewhat older men still have much pleasure in their music. But the large audience can sing along with the most new and old hits, experienced a heady evening concert and a sympathetic band.
Singer Andrew Roachford the real star
With "Beggar on a heart of gold" and "Get up" it was right to open two distinctive tracks that were accompanied to the driving beat of a highly decorative light show. Star of the Mike Rutherford casual ensemble is conducted without doubt Andrew Roachford, reminiscent of his musicianship and his distinctive soulful voice to singers such as Al Jarreau, George Benson and both the classics of the band and the current song can sound absolutely real hit.
Second is the Canadian singer Tim Howar, who certainly does not have the vocal range of his colleagues, but is nevertheless a first-class rock singer. What he in rousing versions of "All I need is a miracle" or some old Genesis songs strongly proved. A real hit with goose bumps is the effect once by Phil Collins for the eternity of rock 'n roll gods sung "We can not dance", which was celebrated by an enthusiastic audience violently.
Percussionist Gary Wallis played the sound craftsmen, and guitarist Anthony Drenann was occasionally feel that he is a famous guitar solo, it can easily accommodate even with stars of his profession. Old Master Mike Rutherford, who from time to time on his guitar once again conjured up the magical sound of "Genesis", thanked the British sense of the fans for a nice party.
© DerWesten, by Thomas Becker
translated by Google
- Mike & The Mechanics at Royal Albert Hall Review: Finely tuned show of career highlights
- Mike and the Mechanics, Portsmouth Guildhall, Review: ‘An immaculately executed show’
- Review: Mike + The Mechanics at New Theatre Oxford
- Phil Collins 'Hangs in Long Enough' and delivers a Rock Hall-worthy memory: concert review
- Mike + The Mechanics "Let Me Fly" still grounded in blandland
Latest from GenesisFan
- The 10 Best Genesis Songs – voted for by Prog readers
- Phil Collins Is Still Alive: Report From The Concert In Warsaw
- Phil Collins makes rare appearance as he’s spotted in wheelchair and using walking stick
- Phil Collins' most famous song "In The Air Tonight" on an exclusive Vinyl-Single
- Phil Collins was back on a Dutch stage again after fifteen years