On June 26, Mike & The Mechanics play the O2 Academy in Newcastle, the first of 19 date in Europe and the UK over the course of the summer.
Following a six-year hiatus & a massive reunion with Genesis, Mike Rutherford has joined forces with one of the UK’s most successful R&B acts Andrew Roachford & Canadian born singer & actor Tim Howar for a new generation of Mike & The Mechanics. Mike & The Mechanics formed in 1984, as a side project that would go onto sell over 10 million albums.The band scored hit with the tracks ‘Silent Running’, ‘All I Need Is A Miracle’, ‘The Living Years’ & ‘Over My Shoulder’. Over the years Mike & The Mechanics has defined the chameleon nature of the group as the band return for 2011, with the album The Road.
Both co-writing & sharing the vocal duties on the new album & tour is Andrew Roachford, one of the most successful UK acts of the 90’s & a prolific songwriter with his hits ‘Cuddly Toy’ & ‘Only To Be With You’ & Tim Howar a Canadian actor/singer who formed the band Vantramp who supported Rod Stewart, Paulo Nutini & Newton Faulkner & has starred as Rod Stewart in the show ‘Tonight’s The Night’.
26) Newcastle - O2 Academy, UK
27) Glasgow - O2 Academy, UK
29) Holmfirth - The Picturedrome, UK
30) Birmingham - O2 Academy, UK
02) Bournemouth - O2 Academy, UK
03) Falmouth - Princes Pavilion, UK
04) Cardiff - St Davids Hall, UK
06) Luxemburg - Den Atelier, Luxemburg
07) Honberg (Tuttlingen) - Festivalzelt in der Ruine, Germany
08) Dortmund - Signal Iduna Park, Germany
10) Berlin - Tempodrom, Germany
12) Dresden - Alter Schlachthof, Germany
13) Schopfheim - Marktplatz, Germany
14) Offenbach - Capitol, Germany
18) London - O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, UK
19) Bath - The Forum, UK
20) Silverstone - Classic, UK
10) Skanderborg - Smukfest, Denmark
24) Arbon - Summerdays Festival, Switzerland
For tickets, please visit Solo.uk.com.
Latest from GenesisFan
- The art of synth soloing: How to play like Tony Banks - the early years
- 40 Years of 'Melt': Peter Gabriel's catalytic third album
- Behind the Song: Peter Gabriel, "Games Without Frontiers"
- Phil Collins Names Genesis Hit He Had Mixed Feelings About: 'Suddenly We Had Lots of Female Fans'
- Who Sang the Most Genesis Songs? Lead Vocal Totals