January was already going to be a big month for fans of Mike and the Mechanics who were eagerly anticipating the release of The Singles: 1985 – 2014. But January just got even bigger.
As well as the first compilation of M+TM singles spanning nearly 30 years of hits, January 20th will also see the release of the 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of Living Years.
Living Years was the album that saw the band achieve global chart success with a title track that made number 1 in Canada and Australia, spent three weeks at number 2 in the UK and which bagged an Ivor Novello Award for best song in 1989. The album also features chart successes Nobody’s Perfect and Seeing is Believing as well as a sampled cameo from Phil Collins on the riff in Black & Blue.
For this re-release the band have re-recorded The Living Years – the song of which Mike Rutherford is most proud – with Andrew Roachford on vocals and with backing from the South African Isango Choir.
The new version of The Living Years sits on a bonus 2nd CD which also includes live recordings from the original 1989 Living Years UK Tour.
- Nobody’s Perfect
- The Living Years
- Seeing Is Believing
- Nobody Knows
- Poor Boy Down
- Black & Blue
- Beautiful Day
- Why Me?
- The Living Years 2014
- Seeing Is Believing (Live)
- Don’t (Live)
- Black & Blue (Live)
- Silent Running (Live)
- Par Avion (Live)
- Take The Reins (Live)
- Nobody’s Perfect (Live)
- A Call To Arms (Live)
- Beautiful Day (Live)
- Hanging By A Thread (Live)
Last modified on Sunday, 19 January 2014 14:17
- Q&A with Genesis musician Mike Rutherford
- Mike Rutherford on Reviving the Mechanics and the Future of Genesis
- Mike + The Mechanics release ‘Out Of The Blue’, set to go on tour with Phil Collins in June
- Mike & The Mechanics at Royal Albert Hall Review: Finely tuned show of career highlights
- Mike and the Mechanics, Portsmouth Guildhall, Review: ‘An immaculately executed show’
Latest from GenesisFan
- Three Members of Genesis Went to a Knicks Game — Speculations Abound
- The Orianne and Phil Collins’ Little Dreams Foundation celebrated its 5th Annual Gala
- Steve Hackett to Perform Genesis' 1977 Live LP 'Seconds Out' on 2020 Tour
- Church’s Giant Baby Jesus Statue Looks Like Phil Collins
- Phil Collins’ …But Seriously set for 30th anniversary reissue