January was already going to be a big month for fans of Mike and the Mechanics who were eagerly anticipating the release of The Singles: 1985 – 2014. But January just got even bigger.
As well as the first compilation of M+TM singles spanning nearly 30 years of hits, January 20th will also see the release of the 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of Living Years.
Living Years was the album that saw the band achieve global chart success with a title track that made number 1 in Canada and Australia, spent three weeks at number 2 in the UK and which bagged an Ivor Novello Award for best song in 1989. The album also features chart successes Nobody’s Perfect and Seeing is Believing as well as a sampled cameo from Phil Collins on the riff in Black & Blue.
For this re-release the band have re-recorded The Living Years – the song of which Mike Rutherford is most proud – with Andrew Roachford on vocals and with backing from the South African Isango Choir.
The new version of The Living Years sits on a bonus 2nd CD which also includes live recordings from the original 1989 Living Years UK Tour.
- Nobody’s Perfect
- The Living Years
- Seeing Is Believing
- Nobody Knows
- Poor Boy Down
- Black & Blue
- Beautiful Day
- Why Me?
- The Living Years 2014
- Seeing Is Believing (Live)
- Don’t (Live)
- Black & Blue (Live)
- Silent Running (Live)
- Par Avion (Live)
- Take The Reins (Live)
- Nobody’s Perfect (Live)
- A Call To Arms (Live)
- Beautiful Day (Live)
- Hanging By A Thread (Live)
Last modified on Sunday, 19 January 2014 14:17
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins is wheeled through Sydney airport in a wheelchair
- Phil Collins at the Mission: Who said no jacket required?
- Phil Collins delivers a stunning, seated performance in Christchurch
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- Phil Collins Reminds Australian Fans His Musical Genius is Not Dead Yet