Mike Rutherford of Genesis and Mike and the Mechanics has become the first member of Genesis to publish his autobiography.
Mike Rutherford’s long-in-the-pipeline memoir, The Living Years, will be published on January 23 in the U.K. and February 20 in the U.S.
Rutherford’s book takes readers from the beginnings of Genesis at the Charterhouse school through to the founding of Mike + the Mechanics and the 2007 Genesis reunion tour, including "the drink, the drugs, the arguments and the excess."
The book will distinguish itself from other musician bios by Mike using his relationship with his father, who was a World War II Naval officer, as a basis for the story. Captain Rutherford was a staunch supporter of Mike’s music career and his sudden death "made Mike re-examine their relationship and chart the many ways in which their lives overlapped."
The book’s release in the U.K. comes in the same week as the release of both Mike + the Mechanics’ The Singles: 1985-2014 and the 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of The Living Years album.
Amazon: The Living Years
© VNN Music
Last modified on Saturday, 28 December 2013 13:28
Latest from GenesisFan
- Tony Banks Says Genesis Are Probably Done for Good
- Tony Banks: I read Mike’s book and I didn’t like it very much
- A Beginner's Guide to Steve Hackett's Years With Genesis
- Tony Banks on His Latest Classical Album & the Odds of a 50th Anniversary Reunion
- With Phil Collins in Rio de Janeiro, rain is only a success