Steve Hackett has announced he will release his autobiography in July.
A Genesis In My Bed will be published by Wymer Publishing on July 24 and is described as "a highly detailed, entertaining and embracing tome that charts his life in full, but with a firm emphasis on his years with Genesis that saw the band’s meteoric rise to become one of the most successful British bands of all time.
"Steve talks candidly about his early life, his time with Genesis, and in particular his personal relationships with the other four band members, with great insight into the daily goings on of this major rock band."
Fans will no doubt be eager to read the guitarist's thoughts on his departure from the band, the Six Of The Best 1982 reunion with Peter Gabriel at Milton Keynes Bowl and the Together And Apart/Sum Of The Parts documentary.
The book will also look at Hackett's career since leaving Genesis and establishing himself as one of the leading solo artists in the progressive rock gene.
The first 1000 copies of A Genesis In My Bed will be individually numbered and signed by Hackett. A Genesis In My Bed is available for pre-order now.
© Loudersound, by Jerry Ewing
- Steve Hackett recalls the moment he took "a leap of faith" and joined Genesis
- Genesis don't think a reunion with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett would work
- Watch Steve Hackett perform Horizons at home
- Steve Hackett Returns to Celebrate the Genesis of His Past With New Tour
- Steve Hackett to Perform Genesis' 1977 Live LP 'Seconds Out' on 2020 Tour
Latest from GenesisFan
- The art of synth soloing: How to play like Tony Banks - the early years
- 40 Years of 'Melt': Peter Gabriel's catalytic third album
- Behind the Song: Peter Gabriel, "Games Without Frontiers"
- Phil Collins Names Genesis Hit He Had Mixed Feelings About: 'Suddenly We Had Lots of Female Fans'
- Who Sang the Most Genesis Songs? Lead Vocal Totals