Prog rock legend and former Genesis guitarist and vocalist Steve Hackett brings his 8-date 'Genesis Revisited Tour' to the UK next month.
The six shows will take place in October, with the guitarist joined on the road by a 41-piece orchestra, led by conductor Bradley Thachuk. The decision to undertake this tour was cemented following the critical success of last year’s one-off US performance of the Genesis Revisited music with his band and the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by the charismatic Thachuk.
Hacket says of the upcoming project: "I always hoped that the Genesis music would one day involve an orchestra and I'm proud to say I'll now be able to make that dream a reality on my next British tour, involving my own extraordinary rock band alongside a full-sized orchestra."
He goes on to say "I'm thrilled the forthcoming UK shows featuring full orchestra with the band are selling so well, and I'm excited we're adding two extra dates... This promises to be an incredibly special experience!"
The show will feature some of Genesis’ best-loved songs, including 'Supper’s Ready', 'Dancing with the Moonlit Knight', 'Firth of Fifth' and more. Hackett was lead guitarist with Genesis as part of their classic early 1970s line-up with Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford, who produced several of the band’s most acclaimed albums including 'Selling England By The Pound' and 'The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.'
Hackett's solo repertoire will also feature on the setlists, with tracks such as 'Shadow of the Hierophant', 'El Niño' and 'The Steppes.' Joining Steve on the tour are his regular musicians Roger King (keyboards), Gary O’Toole (drums/percussion), Rob Townsend (saxes/flutes) with Nad Sylvan on vocals. They will be joined on this tour by Jonas Reingold from The Flower Kings on bass.
Hackett also releases a special limited edition 6CD 2DVD collection entitled 'Broken Skies – Outspread Wings (1984-2006)' on October 5. This will feature the albums ‘Till We Have Faces’, ‘Guitar Noir’, ‘Darktown’, ‘Feedback 86’, ‘To Watch The Storms’ & ‘Wild Orchids’ – newly remastered, alongside bonus tracks and 5.1 mixes and a Live DVD recorded in Buenos Aires.
Find the full schedule of the Genesis Revisited Tour and grab tickets here as well as at venue box-offices.
Monday, October 1 @ Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
Wednesday, October 3 @ Manchester Bridgewater Hall **
Thursday, October 4 @ London Royal Festival Hall **
Friday, October 5 @ Birmingham Symphony Hall **
Sunday, October 7 @ Gateshead The Sage 1
Monday, October 8th @ Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Wednesday October 10th @ Ipswich Regent
Thursday October 11th @ London Palladium
** Sold Out
© Meaww, by Suraj Prabhu
- Mike Rutherford open to Genesis reunion: 'We’re all fit and healthy and good friends'
- 50 Years Ago Today - Genesis Released Debut LP 'From Genesis to Revelation'
- Interview: Steve Hackett on Performing Unreleased Genesis Songs
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- Guitarist Daryl Stuermer Talks 40-Year Career With Genesis, Phil Collins
Latest from GenesisFan
- Mike Rutherford on Reviving the Mechanics and the Future of Genesis
- Peter Gabriel is Back with New Compilation Single
- Phil Collins expands "Still Not Dead Yet" tour, adds 2nd MSG show
- Mike + The Mechanics release ‘Out Of The Blue’, set to go on tour with Phil Collins in June
- Mike & The Mechanics at Royal Albert Hall Review: Finely tuned show of career highlights