Steve Hackett has announced a Genesis Revisited UK tour for 2019.
The guitarist has revealed that he’ll play the 1973 album Selling England By The Pound in its entirety for the very first time on the 20-date run, which will kick off at Aylesbury’s Waterside on November 2 next year.
Also, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his 1979 record Spectral Mornings, Hackett will celebrate the occasion by performing a selection of tracks from the album along with some material from his upcoming studio album, which is expected to launch next year.
Hackett says of the shows: "I’m thrilled to be performing the whole of my favourite Genesis album Selling England By The Pound, which caught the attention of John Lennon in 1973. I felt that I was now playing guitar in the world’s best band and everything was opening up for us.
"Also, I look forward to playing all the favourite songs from Spectral Mornings, marking its anniversary, plus new album tasters as well as additional Genesis gems in a terrific grand slam!"
For the Selling England By The Pound tour, Hackett will be joined on the road by his regular band: Vocalist Nad Sylvan, keyboardist Roger King, bassist Jonas Reingold, drummer Gary O’Toole and Rob Townsend on saxophone and flute.
Steve Hackett plays the following 2019 tour dates:
Nov 02: Aylesbury, Waterside
Nov 03: Folkestone, Leas Cliff Hall
Nov 05: Sheffield, City Hall
Nov 06: Cambridge, Corn Exchange
Nov 08: Leicester, De Montford Hall
Nov 09: Cardiff, St. David’s Hall
Nov 11: Liverpool, Philharmonic Hall
Nov 12: Brighton, Dome, UK
Nov 13: Portsmouth, Guildhall
Nov 15: Salisbury, City Hall
Nov 16: Reading, Hexagon
Nov 18: Birmingham, Symphony Hall
Nov 19: York, Barbican
Nov 20: Bath, Forum
Nov 22: Halifax, Victoria Theatre
Nov 23: Gateshead, The Sage
Nov 25: Edinburgh, Usher Hall
Nov 26: Manchester, Bridgewater Hall
Nov 27: Southend, Cliffs Pavilion
Nov 29: London, Hammersmith Eventim Apollo.
© udiscover music, by Tim Peacock
- Mike Rutherford open to Genesis reunion: 'We’re all fit and healthy and good friends'
- 50 Years Ago Today - Genesis Released Debut LP 'From Genesis to Revelation'
- Interview: Steve Hackett on Performing Unreleased Genesis Songs
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- Guitarist Daryl Stuermer Talks 40-Year Career With Genesis, Phil Collins
Latest from GenesisFan
- Mike Rutherford on Reviving the Mechanics and the Future of Genesis
- Peter Gabriel is Back with New Compilation Single
- Phil Collins expands "Still Not Dead Yet" tour, adds 2nd MSG show
- Mike + The Mechanics release ‘Out Of The Blue’, set to go on tour with Phil Collins in June
- Mike & The Mechanics at Royal Albert Hall Review: Finely tuned show of career highlights