40 years ago October 7 1977, Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett left the band for a solo career.
Hackett performed on six Genesis studio albums, three live albums and seven singles, all considered their finest work within their most adventurous prog-leaning compositions. Hackett was no longer a member upon the band’s 80s bigger pop success led by Phil Collins. Watch Hackett on guitar for "Los Endos" on the 1976 A Trick of the Trail tour.
- Mike Rutherford open to Genesis reunion: 'We’re all fit and healthy and good friends'
- 50 Years Ago Today - Genesis Released Debut LP 'From Genesis to Revelation'
- Interview: Steve Hackett on Performing Unreleased Genesis Songs
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- Guitarist Daryl Stuermer Talks 40-Year Career With Genesis, Phil Collins
Latest from GenesisFan
- Mike Rutherford on Reviving the Mechanics and the Future of Genesis
- Peter Gabriel is Back with New Compilation Single
- Phil Collins expands "Still Not Dead Yet" tour, adds 2nd MSG show
- Mike + The Mechanics release ‘Out Of The Blue’, set to go on tour with Phil Collins in June
- Mike & The Mechanics at Royal Albert Hall Review: Finely tuned show of career highlights