Steve Hackett is the subject of an upcoming documentary DVD, which looks back over his entire career.
Starting with his years as guitarist in Genesis, playing a key role during their most innovative era on such seminal albums as Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, the film goes on to trace Steve’s multifaceted solo career.
From classic albums such as Voyage of the Acolyte and Spectral Mornings, via Steve’s virtual invention of the classical-crossover genre with Bay of Kings and Sketches of Satie, right up to recent albums like Wolf Light and the hugely successful Genesis Revisited project, Steve Hackett remains a singular voice in music.
The Man, The Music is the story of Steve Hackett’s life and career, shot through with Steve’s wry and self-deprecating sense of humour. In candid and personal interviews, filmed over a number of years, Steve reveals some of the tensions and stresses of a life in progressive rock.
Featuring interviews with such luminaries as Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree), Chris Squire (Yes) and long-time producer and musical director Roger King.
Exclusive studio sessions feature Steve reliving some of his key musical moments and offers a virtual masterclass in some of his electric and acoustic guitar techniques.
The Genesis Revisited Tour was Steve's most successful ever, and has brought him a new generation of fans - fans keen to experience all the grandeur and fire of one of rock's greatest guitarist and poet.
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins Among Recipients Of 2017 Nordoff Robins O2 Silver Clef Awards
- Phil Collins returns to the stage for the first time after bad fall with huge plaster covering two-inch cut
- Lily Collins Says Dad Phil Is 'Doing Good' After Suffering Head Injury
- Phil Collins 'rushed to hospital' after fall, postpones two shows
- Review: Phil Collins wows Liverpool ECHO Arena with triumphant first gig in a decade