From the 1976 Trick Of The Tail Tour through to the 2007 reunion, Genesis authority Alan Hewitt details the hundreds of rare recordings that document Genesis in it's natural environment- the stage.
The band's live story following Peter Gabriel's departure in 1975 has not been told in detail before. As if that wasn't enough, the story has expanded to encapsulate the burgeoning and incredibly successful solo careers of Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Mike Rutherford (& The Mechanics), Phil Collins and Ray Wilson.
The story of their live performances up to the present day is also told here. This title comes hot on the heels of the recent BBC TV documentary Together and Apart and the CD compilation release R-Kive, both of which celebrated the reuniting of the classic 5-man line-up of Peter Gabriel, Tony Banks, Steve Hackett, Mike Rutherford & Phil Collins.
A Selection of Shows is the perfect companion piece and continues the wander down Memory Lane. This full colour publication is fully illustrated throughout with memorabilia and many previously unpublished photos. And with the addition of forewords by Phil Collins and Steve Hackett, this is an essential guide to Genesis' live recordings from their most commercially successful period.
- Michelob Uses a Genesis Song about Drug Addiction to Sell Beer
- Genesis live album Seconds Out to get new vinyl reissue
- Mike Rutherford open to Genesis reunion: 'We’re all fit and healthy and good friends'
- 50 Years Ago Today - Genesis Released Debut LP 'From Genesis to Revelation'
- Interview: Steve Hackett on Performing Unreleased Genesis Songs
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins' most famous song "In The Air Tonight" on an exclusive Vinyl-Single
- Phil Collins was back on a Dutch stage again after fifteen years
- Phil Collins: If the songs convince, it does not need a big show
- Watch Genesis' Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford Reunite on Stage
- Phil Collins, delivers impassioned performance from a chair during concert in Berlin