To coincide with a brand new BBC documentary, Top of the Pops 2 dips into the archives to explore both classic collective hits and smash solo singles spanning 20 early years of Genesis history.
From the art-rock Gabriel era of flamboyant theatrics and quirky costumes to their eighties evolution into pop superstars, Genesis are both influential experimentalists and chart-smashing behemoth.
With solo numbers from Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and Mike and the Mechanics, this is an eclectic two-sided playlist featuring everything from I Can't Dance to I Know What I Like, No Self Control to In the Air Tonight, and Many Too Many to The Living Years. So Turn It On Again and tune in, from prog to pop, Genesis to Revelation, the hits are here on TOTP2.
© BBC Two
- Steve Hackett Announces 'Selling England By The Pound' UK Tour For 2019
- Steve Hackett brings Genesis Revisited Tour to the UK in October
- Flashback: Genesis Wrap Up Their Reunion Tour With a Peter Gabriel-Era Classic
- The Genesis Years by Steve Hackett
- Phil Collins & Genesis Studio Rehearsals for Knebworth in 1978
Latest from GenesisFan
- Review: Phil Collins has the best seat in the house at the Bell Centre
- Phil Collins' Toronto concert is a family affair
- At TD Garden, a 'not dead yet' Phil Collins breathes life into all those hits
- Hobbled Phil Collins is steady on the hits in 1st U.S. tour in 12 years
- Phil Collins in Philadelphia: A triumphant stand against the ravages of time review