In 1974 Genesis released their double concept album,The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and embarked on a landmark, six month long tour in November of that year.
This ambitious stage show was the first to use multimedia to illustrate the story line. It was also the last time the band would tour with Peter Gabriel. Incredibly the show was never fully recorded, either on audio or film.
Robert Ellis followed the band from the recording studio in September 1974 and through the tour in UK and Europe, taking hundreds of shots of the band at work with the special intention of documenting it for posterity. Finally, these images have been put together by Robert personally to commemorate this significant time in the history of Genesis and Peter Gabriel.
Said Robert, "I want this book to be seen as a companion to the album, not a critique of the songs, the band, or the show - more an extended super deluxe packaging for a live album that never was."
This first edition large format hardback book will be published in the autumn of 2014, in time to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original studio album.
This site will be used to release new images and information in the lead-up to publication. View sample pages HERE.
This book is now available to pre-order. It is individully numbered and signed by the author, is 30cmx25cm in size with full colour hard back cover, and has [subject to any changes!] 180 luxury pages of photographs in colour and b/w. The pre-order will be shipped with a free and exclusive full colour 24 page colour booklet A4 in size of photos commemorating the 1982 Six Of The Best WOMAD benefit show which featured a reunion of all five members of Genesis that played on the original Lamb record.
The price of this limited edition book is £85 UK pounds. Packing and shipping costs are free, but import or other tax obligations of the recipients are their responsibility. Price in other currencies will be converted from this UK pound price at the time of purchase at the prevailing exchange rate. Shipping is expected in mid November 2014. This offer closes when the pre-order closes.
- 43 Years Ago: Genesis Releases Double LP ‘The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway’
- New book about Genesis due in November
- Lily Collins Reveals How Dad Phil Collins Influences Her Romantic Relationships
- Genesis: 'I Was Aware There Was Something Going On With Peter...'
- Book Review: Phil Collins - Not Dead Yet - Memoir
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins and his ex-wife Orianne Cevey put on a cosy display at charity music event
- Phil Collins made a visit to a hospital in Newcastle hours before his UK show
- Review: Phil Collins at the Royal Albert Hall
- Phil Collins: South America and Mexico shows announced
- Review: Phil Collins at Nottingham's Motorpoint Arena