Phil Collins has ruled out a Genesis reunion because he can't play as well as he used to.
Phil Collins insists a Genesis reunion is ''never'' going to happen.
The 63-year-old rocker - who was the group's drummer until he took over as singer when Peter Gabriel left in 1974 - thinks it would be a good idea to mark the 40th anniversary of the band's conceptual album 'The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway' with some new gigs, but because he is no longer able to play his instrument due to nerve damage, he wouldn't want to do the shows.
He said: ''To go back and do 'The Lamb', that is certainly something that is possible.
''The only thing that puts a spanner in the works is that I can't play like I did.
''And how would we do a reunion show? Would me and Pete share vocals? I can't see Peter singing 'Invisible Touch'.
''I don't want to do any Genesis reunion unless I can play as well as I did, so no, sadly it's never going to happen.''
Even if a reunion was to take place the band - which also included Mike Rutherford, Steve Hackett and Tony Banks - would look very different on stage.
Phil laughed to The Sun newspaper: ''If there was ever anything to regret in Genesis, or to turn back the time to rectify, then it would be some of the outfits we wore.
''The second Genesis concert with me as singer was in Canada and I wore this boiler suit.
''Now that would've been OK if it had been a real boiler suit but it was a one-piece and slightly too long, an awful mustard orange colour with bell-bottoms.
''It was a horrible material and stunk as soon as you put it on. And you didn't have any leeway in movement. Everything showed.''
- Flashback: Genesis Wrap Up Their Reunion Tour With a Peter Gabriel-Era Classic
- Phil Collins: I’m Open to Genesis Reunion With Son on Drums
- Tony Banks Says Genesis Are Probably Done for Good
- Tony Banks on His Latest Classical Album & the Odds of a 50th Anniversary Reunion
- Members of Genesis have stated they’re open to a reunion
Latest from GenesisFan
- Phil Collins is wheeled through Sydney airport in a wheelchair
- Phil Collins at the Mission: Who said no jacket required?
- Phil Collins delivers a stunning, seated performance in Christchurch
- Genesis: the miracle of A Trick Of The Tail and life without Peter Gabriel
- Phil Collins Reminds Australian Fans His Musical Genius is Not Dead Yet